or Connect

Posts by soon2bemomma

Sorry it`s taken me so long to come back!  I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and let you know how things went.   I have a baby boy!  He was born on March 28. I did end up having a section, but it went really well and my recovery was great as well.   My placenta was completely covering the cervix at the time of delivery. In fact, the doctor said it was pretty much centered over the cervix, which is apparently unusual and very dangerous. If I had...
Well, we had the U/S today. My placenta is still COMPLETELY covering the cervix. I'm booked for a C/S on Wednesday.   After the U/S I broke down in my doc office (my DH was there, don't worry!). He was very kind and explained to me in great detail the risk of waiting in till labour starts to have the C/S. I feel a bit better about the whole thing, but I'm still disappointed.   Thank you all for your support.
Thanks for the responses everybody!   I have my ultrasound on Monday and my doc has told me that if my placenta is still covering the cervix, he'd like to book the section for Wednesday.   I'm really hoping things will have improved, but I'm not counting on it. I understand that going into labour with my placenta totally covering the cervix can be risky, but I really don't want to have a section booked before my labour starts.   Sigh, I hope things are better...
Hello all!   I've been lurking here for quite some time (pretty much since I found out I was pregnant!). I've always been interested in UC'ing and this board has provided me with so much good information!   I finally decided to post because I'm looking for some advice.   This is my first baby and while I'm planning to UC I wasn't comfortable with a UP since this is my first. I had my first U/S at around 24 weeks and was told my placenta was pretty much...