or Connect

Posts by Ansley

I just got a new job as a Nanny and get to also bring my own DD along with me. The parents have a 2yo boy and are wanting to start him on a "school" schedule without enrolling him in daycare. They are going to be having me use Mother Goose Time. Anyone else use this curriculum? And have you used it with 2 year olds?
GOT THE JOB! Yay! And I can bring my DD along as well. They have a curriculum they would like me to follow with their 2yo which would actually work great if he has another child learning with him. I am SO excited!!  
Thanks... my way of thinking was that in addition to not having to send my daughter to daycare, their 2yo would also have a playmate during the day (my dd is also 2). The 7yo will start back to school next month.
I have an interview on Monday for a job as a nanny to a family with a 7mo, 2yo, and 7yo. I am excited and hopeful that I will get the job! Right now I work as an administrative assistant during the day Mon-Fri, and I have a part time job at the mall that I work in the evenings/weekends 3 to 4 days per week. The nanny job would be Mon-Fri only from 8am-6pm and would pay just $20 less than what I make each week with my two current jobs combined. BUT I won't have to work...
My DD is 2.5 and she prefers her blonde haired, blue eyed dolls too. She got the Little Mommy Baby Ac-Choo Hispanic doll for her birthday and rarely plays with it. I am white and DD's dad is honduran/italian, so she looks Hispanic (black hair, brown eyes). I know it is frustrating that she thinks blonde is prettier now, but she is only 3. She may change her mind by the time she is older and grow to love how she looks..I guess only time will tell.
I wouldn't worry about it right now unless he were trying to climb out. My daughter is 30 months and has been sleeping in her toddler bed since she turned two (bed was a christmas/birthday present). She does good in it, no falling out (it has rails on each side). Maybe if you can't attach a rail, you could just make a soft landing pad just in case he does happen to fall out.
He sounds somewhat like my ex. My ex lives 5 hours away and we meet every few weeks halfway for him to see our DD. He left me for someone else a year ago and immediately moved in with her and now they are getting married soon, BUT he still calls, texts, emails me all the time and says that he misses me and our DD. He says he is looking for a job here where I live so that he can come back but I don't believe him. In fact, I pretty much don't believe anything he says...
When DP and I were together he would get off work at 5 and come home for a couple hours then head to the gym for 1.5 hours. He only went Tues, Weds, Thurs and most Saturdays. On Saturday he would stay longer. It would probably be less stress on you if he could cut down the number of week days that he goes to the gym...

My cousin lives with me. Right now she doesn't work (she will be a high school senior this year) so she doesn't help me with any bills. However, she does watch my daughter up to 20 hours a week. I work a part-time job from 5:30-9:30 3 to 5 days a week and she watches my DD whenever I work during the week. My mother keeps DD on the weekend if I have to work. I like having someone else live with us, it is better than being alone, but I do find it annoying sometimes when...