or Connect

Posts by tinkerbell69

Well my son has exema, and is also cutting teeth all the rest of the teeth he needs including his back ones. So last night I put him in for a warm bath, washed him up, put diaper cream all over his body *his exema* and gave him a little dose of advil for the pain in his mouth. I had to cuddle him and rock him to sleep, but when i laid him back in his own bed he woke back up and refused to take his bottle. I walked away to regain my patience and came back to find him...
Thank you, I will definatly try that! Thank you for your advice. I had a feeling it was that, because he would drink his bottle, and wake up soaked the next hour. Then Id change him, and give him a bottle. It would be a vicious cycle. Should I be giving him a bottle of water to go to sleep with when he goes to bed the first time? He does have a nap during the day for about 1-2hrs, not sure if he should be at this point. My daughters did, and my 2 year old still takes a...
Yeah, he does drink alot and then his diaper gets full... I didnt want to cuddle him to sleep because then he would get used to that.. And if I put him in his room alone, he gets upset. My son isnt in a crib, hes in a toddler bed.What do I do??    
He used to wake up only at 5am for a bottle & he would lay back down, now he is up at all hours of the night, and I give him a bottle of water or milk and he goes back to bed...  
Well no matter if its in movies or tv, or what not. Its in the schools, the dirty languages they speak in schools. You just have to be the parent and tell the kid right from wrong. Thats what I do to my children, and they do not hit or shove because they know its not nice & it hurts feelings. They know if it was done to them they dont like it. I think its all in the parenting. You cant keep your child away from EVERYTHING to be honest.  
Well, the movies are rated for a reason, as well as tv shows say "parental guidance while watching the show"... Things like rape, beatings, abuse, everything happens in real life whether anyone wants to believe it happens or not. I infact watched HoundDog which is another movie about raping a kid, and fatherly abuse. I however did not enjoy viewing what happened, but it gave me guidance on what to watch for in my future spouses as well as gave me strength to speak up...
I currently have three children of my own and a single mom at that. I find watching a movie in the evening before bed seems to calm my children down for bed. I have tried all other ways to calm them down before bed, but it seems watching a movie makes them relax, as well as adults. I sit and watch with them, and its always child friendly movies that are entertaining to them as well as myself. That is our time together before bed. My children are 18mths, 31 months and 4.5...
Okay, my son is 18 months old as of the 21st. He hasnt been sleeping through the night for about 3-4 weeks. I dont mean just once a night because I would be able to still get sleep. I mean, I put him to bed at 8pm, he wakes up at 11:30pm, then at 2am, then 3am, then 4am.. then I finally give up trying to get him back to sleep and let him play at 5-6am! I have tried alot of things like a bath time routine which only keeps him awake, then I tried lessening or putting on...
My 18 month old son for the past 3-4 weeks has not slept through the night. I don't just mean waking up once a night, because that would be okay! But, he goes to bed at 8pm, wakes up at 11:30pm, then at 2am, then 3am, then 4am, then I give up and let him play at 5-6am. I have tried bathing him before bed which seems to only wake him up, I tried warming his bottle up for a better nights sleep, I tried an extra blanket figuring he may be cold, I tried keeping him up until...