or Connect

Posts by CorriJ

I work in a pharmacy so I got the shot. Mainly cause my husband and I can't afford for me to be off sick for a week.    But I agree that over all the level of hysteria over the flu is ridiculous. We got two vials of shots in early Wednesday. Good for roughly 20 shots. It was all gone by late thursday. We have people bringing whole families in. Both parents 4 kids and yelling at us because we don't have any in stock. We had customers get into a yelling match because...
It's been almost 3 weeks since we dtd. My period came late (4 days after) and was lighter and shorter than normal. I've been feeling off for about two weeks now, headache that doesn't want to go away, nausea that comes and goes, hungry but no appetite. All those sorts of things. I picked up a preg test yesterday but I'm reading conflicting info about when to use it. Most sites say wait for the day of your expected period, but that seems to be based on not knowing exactly...
I'm still here... back? Which ever. 2012 was a long and short year for me. I got a job in January, short term a stepping stone to something better. Then a better job in sept, which is likely where I'll be staying from now on. So no time for any babies for me. Our possibly trying date is pushed back to late this year, early next. Hopefully I'll be fully settled in my job by then and we'll have a little money set aside. Things went, I hesitate to say great, but there were...
For the problem of storing the pumped milk this could work if it's in your price range. http://www.target.com/p/Koolatron-Fun-Kool-Cooler-P-25/-/A-10590839 if you have access to an outlet at work it would keep everything cold. When my husband and I moved into our own place we had no fridge for the first month so we borrowed our friends and it did great keeping milk, eggs and meat cold. Because it's an insulated cooler it should be fine being unplugged for the commute...
Maybe you could add a small pack of stickers to each gift? Get them the same wiki stix and different stickers? That way the big thing is the same but there is some difference?
My husband went through a bankruptcy almost 2 years ago. I can't remember the specifics but it cost about $1000, the majority of his debt was medical bills. You have a lot of great advice here so I'm not going to touch on the bankruptcy.    What I do want to comment on is the calls and the stress from creditors, which more then likely wont stop right away after the bankruptcy. Ours took about a year to taper off. But there are a lot of laws and regulations they have...
Ok I'll admit over the last year I've had a serious case of the baby crazies. All of my friends are having their firsts, some are planning their second. Granted I'm a few years younger then most of my friends so that's part of it.    On one hand I very badly want a baby. On the other hand I can't imagine sharing my life (and my husband's) with another person. Now that I hopefully have a full time job we've tentatively put December as the date I'll go off my birth...
I'm not a mom, but I do have a messy house. Hope it's ok if i give a few suggestions.    Not sure if it's possible but could you find a teenager (child of a friend maybe?) would would be willing to make $10-20 once in a while. If you can afford the expense, and the teen is trusty you might be able to wrangle out some help on simple chores like dishes?   If you know someone else who has a child of a similar age could you trade off a few hours of watching. The kids...
If you do end up choosing some canned goods could you donate them to a food bank? Maybe rotate them out a little early. If you keep the receipts you might get some of your money back as a charitable donation?   Are you planning an in home supply or do you want packs that can be carried with you? 
I can't think of a polite way to ask a family member or friend to serve organic food. If I invited someone over for dinner and they accepted but only if I served them organic I would be rather offended. In my opinion it would be the same as if they asked me to cook something totally different then what was planned for dinner.  If it's a potluck you could bring your own dish and only eat from that? If your child is young you might be able to just bring snacks and let...