or Connect

Posts by wzuur

well now, i was going to be offering up to one thousand with our bartering because i understand people need to pay for things, but bartering was completely turned down.   lets not get into the subject of "does a business need marketing", because then it really is an issue of education about how to grow or get more business; lack of education or knowledge in such a field would render the subject to take on a stance of ignorance to video/pictures/branding etc.
i think you might have misunderstood some portion of what i wrote.  we cannot afford 4000, that was why we opted out of the midwives we liked.  they were the only ones we could find in the binghamton area, and in order to make it "legal", we had to have the paperwork go through a MW in ithaca.     there is no way we would go to a hospital: that would be worse than having to do it ourselves; they know not of birthing, but of ailments and how to interfere with what is...
Well, i make too much for us to qualify for ANY care, and my wife is not on my new work insurance because it was far too expensive each month (about $600 per month to have her on); there was also a large fee to pay to get her on during a time that wasnt "open admission"...     We live about a 3 min local drive from a hospital.     The midwives I was working with weren't "legally" able to be my midwives, so they worked out a deal with a prominent midwife in ithaca who we...
i was referring to a hospital birth without an epidural; an epidural shoots up the cost ~$5000.   i guess i wanted to find a breakdown of cost.  yes, midwives' cost includes prenatal, but still, a couple of checkups: why would that cost be much?  especially if you aren't getting any tests done and it is a "how are you eating/sleeping/feeling", followed with feeling the belly.     all of the information that the midwives have told us is available free on the...
my wife and i do not have insurance and wanted to have a homebirth.  unfortunately, we found a great midwife but they wanted 4000 dollars for their service!  we are in a small town in binghamton, and i just dont see how people can pay for that.  i also dont think it would be right to charge a lot because there arent enough "customers".     what is going to end up happening is we will do an unassisted homebirth (which we are both completely fine with).  as we are at...
my wife and i want a homebirth.  we are using the bradley method, and prefer our midwife, if not already accustomed to the method, be completely open to learning about it.  problem is the midwives who do home births in ithaca are all busy -_-...   does anyone know of some midwives around the area who could help?