or Connect

Posts by lizzilla

I love Babywearing because I feel close to my child and its convenient, efficient, and makes life easier. I work from home and it allows me to be close to baby while also working.
I did have an early ultrasound and it confirmed my suspected ovulation date based on my chart and ovulation tests. If they would have gone by my LMP it would be several weeks off. Last time I did not have an early ultrasound and I was not charting, but I was keeping track of my long cycles and we set my due date based on my average cycle length so it could have been off.  I really wish my midwives would have even offered a suggestion of an early ultrasound last time. I...
I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my second child. I am currently looking for a vbac friendly provider and am feeling extremely stressed out and worried about going post-dates again and having another c-section. I know that I need to get past my fears and deal with the emotions involving my first birth so that I can set myself up for the best possible outcome this time, but I'm having trouble staying positive.   My first pregnancy was super easy, I felt great, baby was...
I'm happy to report that for the past week and a half he has been napping well in his car seat. I have been nursing him to sleep and then transferring him into the car seat and it has been working well.   Also his first tooth cut through the other day so maybe the previous restlessness was teething pain.
I'm having the exact same problem with my 4 month old. He'll pop on and off and move his head from side to side just like you described. I have been sitting up and latching him on and then carefully laying him and myself back down after let down. It's frustrating!
We had some success this weekend with DH wearing him in his boba carrier and then transitioning him to the crib. It is a lot easier to get him out of that without disturbing his sleep than it is with the sleepy wrap or the ring sling. He still didn't nap for quite as long but it was better. I guess we just have to keep trying! Any suggestions for a carrier that is easy to get them out of smoothly thats good for petite/short torsoed ladies? I haven't tried the boba...
Thanks for the tips, Ladies! I think he must be going through a phase at the moment. The last couple of nights have been really difficult, with him waking every hour. We co-sleep and he used to wake up to nurse and fall right back asleep. Now he is waking up restless, wiggling around, rolling his head back and forth and popping on and off the breast. He just wont settle back down and I don't know why. Maybe early signs of teething or a growth spurt? At any rate, I don't...
  We have been attachment-parenting my 4month old son and for the most part things are great. We co-sleep, EBF, babywear, cloth-diaper, and EC. I work from home full-time during business hours and usually just babywear during that time and he gets lots of naps in his sling while I work at the computer (with breaks for nursing, playtime and diaper changes, etc.). It's the only way I've found that I can get my work done and he's a happy baby because of it so its worked...