or Connect

Posts by saralm

Ya, we cut out all legumes except green peas (including soy) and also cut out eggs.  We are only doing lamb, turkey and fish for protein.  Mostly I have been doing pretty well.  But tonight I am hungry.  Should have started working on food earlier in the day I think.  I am hoping that this isn't permanent.  I am hoping to figure out some things that are really hard on my daughter and then add a few other things back in.  Sorry if I wasn't clear, my parents we...
I finally got motivated to go for an elimination diet.  We started yesterday.  The real kicker in the end was the mood stuff.   Recently, by evening DD has been hitting everyone which is new behavior for you. We are eliminating all grains except for rice, all nuts and seeds, pork, beef, chicken, dairy, eggs, citrus and nightshade.  I just realized that many people recommend eliminating all beans too.  Thoughts on that? I would love to leave those in.  Where do you go...
Thanks to all for your thoughts.  I guess that, because my parents were able to do an effective test for me when I was a kid, that there was still something other than elimination that people think is effective.  I will try to get up the motivation to do some elimination.  Best wishes to all those working to do the best for their children and themselves.  
Night waking is our only current issue but it has been an issue nearly her whole life.  As someone said above, she used to take at least 1 hour of nursing to get to sleep.  Now that we cut out the nap, she goes to sleep much better but has such a hard time staying asleep at night.  It isn't really much of a change since the new baby.  At some point, she was diagnosed with eczema but we have had no trouble controlling it once we knew what it was and that we need to keep...
Hi All, My 3 1/2 year old still wakes 3-7 times a night.  A couple of times a week she is awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night and is simply unable to go back to sleep for that time.  That wakefulness is significantly more than our 3 month old.  She needs to breastfeed back to sleep after each waking.  I am not interested in advice about stopping breastfeeding or about not co-sleeping. We tried eliminating wheat for about 3 weeks (with a single lapse) over...
Liked both pages...  
Just wanted to say that I put my daughter in day care 3 days a week when she was 2.5 and it was unpleasant in many of the ways you are describing.  I did it for a couple of months and then quit.  She is home with me all the time now.  I have used the money to hire a babysitter/nanny to come 2 afternoons a week so I can take a nap now that we have a new baby.  Good luck.   
Isaac Lewis was born on October 3 after progressing contractions starting at about 6 in the morning and getting intense at about 4 in the afternoon.  He was born at 8:11 pm - 8 pounds 13 ounces and 22 inches.  Totally drug free birth although we didn't have time to get into the tub as we had hoped.    He is fabulous!
I am still nursing my daughter who is a little over 3.  She nurses several times a day and always to fall asleep and first thing in the morning.  It has gotten less difficult for me as pregnancy goes on.  I had to breath through my irritation during the first trimester but don't feel that way about it now.  I do get Braxton Hicks contractions when she nurses but they aren't too painful.  I figure I might get a little dilation out of it. :P  Sorry it is still hard for you...
I second the chiropractor recommendation.  I wasn't much of a believer and had never been to a chiropractor before but I was feeling pretty desperate.  I was really in pain for a several weeks starting about 2 months ago.  I started going to a chiropractor and it has been so helpful.  I am able to roll over in bed now without intense pelvic pain and walking is much less painful.  Also, I don't have the same kind of pelvic pain when I first stand up.  I don't have pain...