or Connect

Posts by saralm

I remember having all kinds of stuff last time but not using it.  I think we only used the baby clothes and my change of clothes.  Plus husband's swimsuit since he was in the water with me.  We didn't stay over night.  I don't remember using chap stick, breath mints, comfort stuff (hot pads, rolling pins...) although I will probably bring some again this time.  I also brought a quick reference book about different procedures so I could get someone to read up on them if...
I am freezing a bunch of tomato sauce with summer vegetables because that is what we had  on hand now.   I want to make a Russian style borsch but still need to buy the cabbage.   
Congratulations!  I am so happy to see hope in a case like this!  
I am nursing a 3 year old and when she nurses for a longer period like when we are trying to get her to sleep, I also get contractions.  I am ignoring them.  Hopefully, that is ok.
We did EC with our daughter and it was overall, very successful.  We are expecting a boy in October and I plan to start right away.  Last time I did a lot of night pottying because our daughter always woke up when she needed to pee.  So I would hold her and nurse her while holding a small insert between my legs for her to pee into.  I think it was like the insert in this one - the very middle cup part. ...
We did EC with our daughter and it was overall, very successful.  We are expecting a boy in October and I plan to start right away.  Last time I did a lot of night pottying because our daughter always woke up when she needed to pee.  So I would hold her and nurse her while holding a small insert between my legs for her to pee into.  I think it was like the insert in this one - the very middle cup part. ...
I lived in Davis when we were doing EC with our daughter.  I joined the East Bay Diaper Free yahoo group and found it to be useful.  You could travel to their meetings although I never did.  I also joined one that I think was in Sacramento.  I wasn't very active but I did find a couple of other moms in Davis who were doing EC and was able to get together with them.  I know that some of the moms at La Leche League in Davis also did EC with their kids.  Sorry, I know those...
I also liked Your Baby and Child by Penelope Leach.  I didn't agree with everything she said but I did like the way that she looks at things from the child's perspective.  I think it creates empathy for behaviors that would otherwise seem inexplicable.  It isn't specifically AP but it is thoughtful and open to a wide variety of parenting.   
I watched these before our first birth, some with my husband and found them to be realistic and interesting.  http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/childbirth-video-download.html  
I got an interview for a 1/2 time job that I am really excited about.  The interview isn't until the end of the month, meaning that I will be like 35 weeks pregnant at that point.  I am a lawyer, I haven't been working for the last year and I don't have formal maternity cloths.  The job is at a Legal Aid in a small town so it is about as casual as a lawyer job can be.  Do people think I have to buy a maternity suit?  It seems like such a waste to wear it once.  Someone...