or Connect

Posts by MikiSophia

I think I need to wean my 26 month old DD from her 4-6am nursing time. She sleeps through the rest of the night most nights, and just wakes to nurse in the early morning for about 30-45 minutes or an hour, often right when I am ready to get up to go to work. So, I have been late to work often, which is okay. But I am having very bad back problems (I have a herniated disk that has reared its ugly head again), and I need some time in the mornings to do some PT exercises. She...
enjoying reading all the replies. all these things make sense and I agree that we should expect kids to share about as much as we do- which is to say they should have a say over their things. my child likes to play with other kids especially older kids, but anything smaller than her, she runs around after them moving anything that could remotely be considered hers out if their way shouting "that's ayas!" her greeting to the (very small) cat in the morning is "no! don't...
I am just wondering what you all do with this aspect of two year old behavior, if all two year olds behave like this, and your thoughts about teaching children to share.   My daughter is about a month over 2 years old and is a pretty easy going, friendly child, doesn't have tantrums or anything but occasionally getting mad which she generally gets over quickly. She is an only child and stays at home with her dad, so doesn't get that much interaction with other...
i had such a hard time understanding cloth diapers too before i used them, even though i had seen a demonstration. what i have learned so far (my LO is 4 1/2 months): basically there is something absorbent that catches the pee and poo and a cover to hold it on in place and catch leaks. the cover gets used again, you just replace the absorbent material inside, unless the cover gets wet or poopy.   when she was a newborn, i used cut up flannel blankets (the swaddling...
such great ideas. thank you! 
hi-   i am a new mom and am interested in creating a holiday tradition for my family that does not involve buying tons of gifts, eating unhealthy food, and stressing out. my partner is an athiest and i lean more towards pagan ideas. i've been thinking of meaningful things we can do, fun things, things that create that same sense of warmth and love that the christmas traditions i grew up with were meant to create.   already for birthdays, with friends, when we get...
I too would love one of these!   To get men to wear them, have a contest- how many babies can one guy carry. Or have a very famous macho guy be seen wearing his child in one.