or Connect

Posts by jasmin85

We went with Kirin Jedi  =)   Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it, I really do like the name.
Technically we were only supposed to have 10 days, but we kind of stretched past it and the midwives never got back to us about what options we had, so we're just waiting until his 3 week appointment.  I'm not sure what the state/county can do about it if we haven't submitted yet...   I like how Jedi sounds, but don't like the reference...but it's possible that my little boy will think it is super cool, of course, perhaps not as an adult...of course, it may be perfectly...
So our little guy is 2.5 weeks old and we still haven't settled on a name!  We have until Tuesday to turn in his birth certificate...   I really like the name Dominic but we've gotten lots of comments where people assume he should be Italian or African American to have that name...so my husband isn't sold.   He finally mentioned a name today, Kirin, which is a Japanese (and a Sanskrit) name which means Giraffe in Japanese and represents the Qilin which is a...
Glad I saw this, I just started getting bright red blood myself and was wondering what was up! 
Well, I guess it worked because my little guy is here!  I posted on here around, what, 2pm and he got here at 8:36pm!  I may post the birth story in the next couple days, I'm actually feeling pretty good considering my 5"2' self just delivered a 10lb 15oz baby!  My mw was completely shocked, of course we all were, because even with my belly so big he just didn't feel like he could possibly be almost 11 pounds, even 9 days late.  I had my home birth, ended up having him...
So I guess this board just helps get things going because I've been having steady contractions 5 minutes apart for the last hour!  I can *mostly* talk through them and they are just really uncomfortable but it's promising none the less!  My mw is going to come check on things, I think this could be it, but it is SO different from my last labor which started off immediately strong and very painful.  Hoping this may make for an easier labor. 
I'm 41w2!  If I'm still pregnant on Tuesday at my midwife appointment we'll be doing an NST...
I lost the plug last week and went for acupuncture to help encourage him to move down.  I woke up early this morning with bloody show, cramps and kind of a woozy feeling but then went back to sleep.  I've hardly been having any *noticeable* contractions, I know I'm having regular ones but they don't really feel like anything.  DH and I are going to go walking today, it hasn't done a thing for me in the past but I am so crampy and getting those sharp twangs on my cervix...
Funny, I was going to write the same thing a few hours ago!  I thought I had been losing it slightly for a long time, but then I had a major glob today after my midwife fiddled around with my cervix today.  She wasn't able to do a sweep apparently because I am not dilated fully through but I've been all crampy and uncomfortable ever since.  I am 40 weeks and 4 days and am a little surprised to be having a Sagittarius now ;)  I'm anxious for labor to start but am also...
I thought about separating the major arcana out, but I just left them all together.  I shuffle and then lay down the cards stating the date out loud and I go until a realistic time period is reached (ie- my due date was the 18th and this is my second child so it is not likely I'd go into labor as late as the 4th of December).  If she hasn't come up yet then I return to the beginning of the cycle and continue listing the dates in order until she appears (or whichever card...