or Connect

Posts by blackannis

Everyone's been giving good tips, so I don't have much to add there, but I do want to emphasize that a planned c/s can be a very positive thing. With DS#1, I was planning a "natural" birth, but was talked into induction attempts, argh. 16 days late and on the second induction attempt, DS got stuck and wouldn't descend into the birthing canal, and when his heart started decelerating, we were whisked into an emergency c/s. Not fun. Nothing went wrong, DS1 is healthy, and...
Eek, they gave you general with no choice? Not nice. I just had #2 by scheduled c/s (#1 was emergency c/s because of my son wasn't descending and his heart started decelerating), and they gave me a spinal, so I was able to move my arms and interact the whole time. So that's definitely something I would recommend--I was able to touch him and remember everything going on, which can be a bit uncomfortable (it is QUITE a push on the abdomen when the actual removal happens,...
Don't be worried--I'm feeling quite similar, honestly. And really, I had a hard time feeling any sort of bond with DS1 pre-birth as well. I just want the little guy out and in the world safely so I don't have to worry about anything going wrong in there where it seems like it's harder to deal with--I think I've actually got a part of my mind that is trying to stay distant in case of some kind of terrible disaster. I'm not worried, though, since once DS1 made it out and...
Kitteh had it right that there simply aren't any solid studies, at least here in the US, due to the inability to do double-blind, so any studies you see are going to be ones that merely show correlation (two factors that happen to occur together more often) rather than actually establishing causation (a fair amount of certainty that one factor has actually caused another). Hence, in the US, no one will assure you that infrequent drinks are all right because they can't be...
I did a lot of babywearing with DS1 because, well, he was an "OMG, don't put me down!!!!" baby--he would cry and cry and cry if he was not being held or really snuggled up somehow. It was inconvenient sometimes, but we got through it. Because there were times when DH was gone and I simply could not hold DS1, though, we did have a PnP, bouncy chair, and a high chair, which was where I put him when I was doing stuff in the kitchen and could not hold him (because I'm short,...
I would be inclined against this one as well, simply because of the actual stories behind it. Cuchulain's an impressive hero, but very, very bloody, and verging on the berserker end of things. Perhaps find a less fraught name, but one that still carries some legendary status? There are some interesting ones out there--Diarmid, Ossian, Conn, even Finn . . .
I've kept up with my usual tasting-my-husband's beer or cider routine since getting the BFP, but haven't really had anything more than sips because my stomach simply hasn't been up to it. Honestly, there are so many things we're told to avoid during pregnancy, half of which, it seems, one only learns about after giving birth, that I'm just not willing to be paranoid about all of it. I'll change my normal behavior a little, but I refuse to be absolutely strict and avoid...
My situation is like Nattery's--I knew exactly when my LMP began, and gave them that date, but when we did the first ultrasound, the little one was measuring a week bigger than that. It seems like I probably ovulated a week or so out from my period, rather than two weeks. The ultrasound techs are pretty good at their jobs, and they'll be able to see how far along you really are, or if the baby is bigger than it should be.
I don't have anything different to add, JNajla, but *HUGS*. Do what you need to do to feel safe and not stressed. Hopefully there's a family member that you can perhaps go to who will honor your request that they just support you and listen so you have someone to talk to? Best wishes, and do not go back unless every single bit of you is absolutely certain that you are safe. Don't let him persuade you to come back if you have one of those nagging bits of uneasiness about...
Babysmurf has a very good point--there's no telling what the baby is going to be like. My son is now 3 years+2 months, and he's only been sleeping reliably in his bed all night for about 3 months . . . he was a very parent-centered sleeper (Mommy was best, but if I wasn't there he'd settle for Daddy). We did get a convertible crib for him, and he's actually used it a fair amount, though often for only part of the night. When he was tiny, he was either next to me, or, if...