or Connect

Posts by blackannis

I haven't yet either--we've been in the middle of moving (fairly small move, at least--only about 25 miles), and I've been too focused on all of that to really get around to it. I know the group I want to go with, I think, but haven't gotten around to calling them!
Congratulations!   And since when is three kids "lots"?? DH and I are planning to stop at two, and I feel like that's a small family!
So I've been wondering if something was going on over the past week or so, because I thought I should have gotten my period last week, but just kept getting light spotting. I hadn't been keeping track my cycle too well, though, so I was going to give it another few days before taking a pregnancy test (I had WAY too many disappointing stick pees before my first pregnancy).   AND THEN . . .   My husband went to pick up our two-year-old son from daycare today,...
That's exactly the reasoning I used with my husband whenever he started pushing CIO: "No, it makes me hurt and feel ill, so I will not do it." That has changed in the past few months as DS has been definitely learning how to be manipulative (he's 27 months now), but we're still using CIO only loosely--when he's upset, there's always someone responding to him basically lovingly or near him, no matter how annoyed we're feeling. He always still knows we're there and paying...
It sounds like there's got to be something else going on. Have you tried contacting your pediatrician about this? The "lying on you and crying" sounds like more than emotional issues, though I can say that just before we decided to wean, my son (at 22 months or so) was crying any time I tried to unlatch him and give him his paci. That was why we decided to wean, actually. It caused anger and sadness for a few nights, but we worked through it.
My son actually slept pretty well with us until 20 months or so, even though we were only in a full-size bed. We weaned just before his 2nd birthday after he started showing some negative signs that it was really time to do so--look at my threads for a little more information. Since then we're having some interesting times convincing him to sleep in his own bed, but we're making progress, and most mornings now (at 27 months) he doesn't come bug us until 5:30 or 6 am.
My DS likes to cuddle up and sweat on me no matter what he's wearing. Recently, we've just had him in long PJ pants with no shirt or a short-sleeve shirt. He's generally quite toasty, and only gets chilled if he actually sleeps outside the covers. This has always been the case with him--when he was little and we had him in a Swaddle-Me, he would sweat through the whole thing even with that as his only covering.
In our old house (~1300 sq. ft, 2 floors, 94 years old but with newer windows, in Rochester, NY), we kept the thermostat at 66-67 during the day when we were there, and 59-60 at night or when we were going to be gone all day. We did have a programmable thermostat, thank goodness. There were a fair number of cold spots in the house, though, and I tended to spend most of my time bundled up in at least a sweater over a long-sleeve t-shirt, sweat pants, and thick socks....
I recently fully weaned my son because I was just too tired and he kept waking up and sleep-nursing and it was just too much. I felt as though neither of us was getting the sleep we needed, because there were times that he would nearly sleep through the night if he wasn't in bed with me, but then, if he was next to me, would wake up every hour or two and start rooting. It was a couple of weeks before his second birthday, and we did have a couple of wee hours-temper...
*hugs* No, there's no magic component. It always takes a lot of work, and if you feel like you're the only one doing the work, it seems much more like hell than heaven. Plus, honestly, sometimes one person really cannot do it all if there's just too much that needs doing. You are, after all, human! From what you've said it sounds like that's a lot of what's going on--you feel like (and seem to be) the only one really trying in this situation . . . the kids are too...