or Connect

Posts by blackannis

Don't worry--it is normal, as you can see from everyone's replies! My DS is 18 months and still has 2-4 nightwakings, depending on how stubborn he's feeling. We usually get one at around midnight, and then another around 2-3 and then another at 4-5, though recently he's sometimes been sleeping until 6 (so exciting!). Sometimes we get really unlucky and he truly wakes up and wants to play at one of those times. Anyways, I have been working on nightweaning with him, and...
Different caregivers have different methods for the same child--it's just one of those things. When I'm putting him down, my son insists on nursing, then cuddling before falling asleep. With Daddy, it's just cuddling, then being put down in his bed and having his back patted. With Grammy, it's either snuggling and falling asleep on her shoulder, or sitting next to her on the couch "reading" a book until he just falls asleep. Sometimes we can use each others' methods...
Ooh, just saw you mentioned the eczema issue--that definitely affected my son's sleeping for a while too. You mentioned using diaper cream on the eczema; can you get CeraVe on Ontario? In the US we can find it at Walgreen's (and that's the only place I've seen it); it's what was recommended last winter by my son's pediatric dermatologist, and it works wonders. We were living in Rochester, NY at the time, so in a similar climate to you all in Ontario, and the CeraVe...
This is generally how I've been dealing with my son (18 mos)--I'm trying to take him down to the going-to-bed nurse and waking-up nurse, with nothing in between except perhaps some water from a sippy cup. Boy, have we gotten some tantrums! But I just treat it like I do any of his daytime tantrums; I keep saying no and enforcing the no with an arm across my breasts, and wait until he'll accept his pacifier and cuddle back up against me to go back to sleep. It's actually...
My son was like that, and I eventually started putting him to sleep on his Boppy--it seemed to mimic arms enough that he stayed comfortable. Sometimes once we'd set him down, we could carefully move the Boppy out from under him and get him lying down on his own. He did start sleeping just fine without the Boppy by the time he was 1, at which point he'd also been in daycare for a few months, which probably helped.   Don't worry--something will work. You're not being...