or Connect

Posts by mihicado

We would love an Abiie stroller. We live in the City and walk everywhere. I love the design of the flat deck to nap and change diapers. So many times we've been stuck having to change our son on the floor. But with the Abiie, we will have clean changing surface!
We pushed our bed against the corner wall. We also put yoga bolsters next to our LO and above his head, so we didn't have to worry about him rolling into the crack. He was about 8-11 months and was also swaddled.  Only one of us could sleep with him, though.
Have you tried rocking, lulling him down in a carrier like an Ergo? I'm so sorry about your LO resisting sleep. I definitely empathize.   We have an entire routine to get our LO down to nap and sleep. We follow his naptime cues of when he is tired, so he naps twice a day (10:30/11 and again at 2:30/3). Bedtime around 7:30/8:00. Pull the shades, put on music, read the SAME nighttime books, and put him in a swaddle (Woombie) and kiss him & say, "Night, Night/Nap,...
Thanks for posting this article. http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html   We have tried a variation on his suggestions. I don't think it's a magic bullet, though. One major thing to consider is if your child is going through a major development leap or milestone at the time when s/he is waking several times a night. I remember my son would wake 2-3 times a night, which was tolerable and pat him down, maybe occasionally with a bottle. But once 9-month and...
I'm wondering if moms with PPD and/or have experience with how it may affect their baby, i.e. causing the baby to have more anxiety, etc. Has anyone come across any good reading material or resources on this? I have PPD and history of depression and worried how it may be affecting my baby.
MovnMama: thank you so much for your post. I am in a similar situation as you. I also feel that many BFing mom's can be very judgmental and down-right hurtful in their comments and assumptions. It sounds like you are trying your hardest and doing the best you can be.   I also feel saddened my little one is not taking to the breast. I'm not sure if it is a nursing strike or CLW (most likely not), but in any case, he hasn't taken to the breast in almost a month even...
Babycarrying is great for men. I think some men think it is too feminine. Maybe create more gender-neutral prints that would be attractive for both men and women, since a family will buy only one type of carrier. And some prints men would like. Also, photos of everyday looking men wearing the carrier would help, not just hot-model dad types.