or Connect

Posts by N2theWoods

I'm moving in the next few months and I'm terrible introvert as well and have a hard time making friends. I've thought about getting a t-shirt printed up that says something like "new to the area, looking for mama friends." Would you approach a mama wearing that? Or is that weird? :
I am de-lurking and finally asking this question. I feel like it's my "dirty secret" in the AP world... My daughter hits. And kicks. She throws things (rocks, whatever,) at other kids. She's never been hit by us, she's never stayed with anyone who hits her, she's not in daycare/preschool, etc. Sometimes she's not even mad. It's experimental, almost. But when she's mad she hits first and talks later. This is a girl who is EXTREMELY verbal and has no trouble talking...
My daughter will be 4 in 2 weeks and she is like this, too. My problem is in finding things that burn off her energy. If I take her to the park she likes to swing (which gives ME a workout but not her,) and she refuses to walk - wants to be carried or ride in the stroller. But she talks a mile a minute and is has a hard time relating to other kids because she is so LOUD and talks so MUCH if there is the briefest pause in the conversation (and often she doesn't even wait...
Oh, of course you're right, Roar! Thank you -- I think that nailed my problem. I'm going to print this out and put it on my fridge!
Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm not as upset today and am feeling a little better! Just to clear a confusion up that Roar started, though -- I don't ask "why" questions with regard to her behavior. I've never asked her "why" she does things -- I'm introspective enough to know that those kinds of questions are hugely complex and most adults don't know the answers to them. What I try to do is ask questions that encourage her to think from a different perspective....
First of all, let me say that my DD is a delight. She's incredibly articulate (probably too much so because it is a struggle not to expect more mature behavior from her because of her ability to express herself,) and goofy and fun. I find her really willing to be flexible -- she's quick to suggest a compromise and I can usually go with it. But there's been a couple of things that I am just at a complete loss about how to deal with. I've tried to use the "how to talk so...
but he doesn't believe it. sincitymama I feel your DH's pain -- DD does the same thing to my DH. It hurts his feelings so deeply. And our problem is that she is SO VERY articulate and clear-spoken (there are NO sounds that she can't make properly,) that it's hard to remember that her understanding is more limited than her words would indicate. So it's so hard not to judge the behaviors... If you say no she yells "I want you to go upstairs. Go upstairs and work on...
Hi everyone, can I join in? So happy to see this thread here -- I didn't realize there was such a thread! Yay! I'm 42 - going to be 43 in March. And I'm TTC my second child. My first is 3 and still nursing. I'm hoping that isn't interfering with my success 'cause I really don't want to wean her. Question: I get the positive line on the ovulation tests - does that mean I'm for sure dropping an egg? Or can I get the hormones without actually ovulating? I ask...
I bought a big pack of the bulk ovulation tests and am getting serious about TTC. January was the first month we used them and I actually got the positive line on my ovulation test and found out that I was ovulating on the 18th day of my cycle -- which seems late? I had my period on the 30th day of my cycle. Last night. Which made me sob and sob because I was SO SURE I felt pregnant. I was making plans, humming a happy tune. I feel completely dizzy and upset about it. :...
And if so... when? I'm curious -- my 3 year old still nurses a lot. She doesn't really talk about/seem to care much about milk, but I am still clearly producing milk. I'm wondering if I get pregnant again will it dry up for sure? She may not care particularly -- I was just curious if some women who have nursed through pregnancy keep their milk until the colostrom stage comes in? Clueless on this topic...