or Connect

Posts by dewlady

Here is a link that has good safe info on rigging. If it is an exposed beam that is safe, that is a really east way to rig. you just need to get span sets (a strong climbing type of loop used in lots of theaters and for climbers), a figure 8 (this is a specific type of metal hoop with "wings" to separate fabrics), and two strong highly rated steel carabiners. And the actual fabrics of course. then it is a matter of installing it all correctly, and maintaining checkups,...
is there a beam? what would you be rigging to?
thanks i know that is part of it and is hard for me...but it is so long term i guess I'm just struggling like I'm crossing over to being chronically ill with no end in sight and that is such a drag. I like me how I am.
Lyme disease?
i try to eat frequently but it is scary sometimes because it can be so painful...if i do smaller amounts it is better. I don't usually suffer from any anxiety but being sick on and off has made food a chore and that in and of itself is stressful....which doesn't help! thanks for responding...I was having a particularly bad morning i think. I feel a lot better today even. i just go really up and down. They are looking at Celiac or long time Lyme disease infection since I...
hey... not a big poster but i could really use some feedback. I have been having some health issues on and off and am trying to solve them. I am also an on and off fitness buff and i love being strong and in shape! I have four small kids and my youngest is 41/2. after she was born I have pretty much transformed my body and am really strong, fit etc.... I can keep up with most anything. the problem is the balance between strong and fit...and feeling like i have to...
I live in the city...and its really not the cleanest city, either, so the idea of running completely barefoot sketches me out! I think I would step on glass..I thought about the Vibrams but I felt like i wanted to try something that looked a little more traditional. again, busy city, not super into being the freak show everyone is looking at every time i wanna go for a run! I settled on a pair of Nike Frees and I love them. I feel like my knees and ankles finally stopped...
most days...i do 90 min of yoga most days and in the nice weather i run a few days a week, too. that is more for fun/to get ready for a 5K or something, but the yoga i prefer is really quite capable of meeting all my needs, cardio, stretching and way more effective than weight lifting, though I enjoy that sometimes, too. I also do aerial fabrics once or twice a week. so about 1-2 a day with an occasional day off?
Quote: Originally Posted by sellendie It's too bad that an outdoor rig would be so crazy expensive, that would be the way to go for sure! I did locate some photos and explanation of one woman's method to install silks at home.. http://www.studioveena.com/forum/vie...&sd=a&start=10 It is on page 2, What do you think? It's a little hard for me to tell what was nailed on and why it needed to be. I wouldn't work that high or upside down on...