or Connect

Posts by Athora80

My husband and my
Awesome Ladies, thanks for the replies! Actually we have a 3 year old and plan to/are an Unschooling family. I am glad to hear we would be accepted :). I was actually lookin g at Steilacoom, I love the name and love that it is quite small....I am not a city girl that's why I am dying here in Vegas, heh. I was also thinking about Lacey too and am glad to see it mentioned. Regardless, a bad area up there cannot be as bad as it is here. The crime where I am staying now is...
My husband might have a job in Lakewood, WA within a month. We are currently staying with family in Vegas, not even here for 2 months and our car was broken into in front of the house at noon. Needless to say anything is better than here at the moment, we cannot wait to get out of here. Is Lakewood a nice place to live on 40k a year or more? What other areas can I look at for low crime, etc. We don't care about schools since we will be unschooling/homeschooling. TIA :)
) "Mommy is going
Hello Mamas! I had my first child 3 years ago and DH and I will be ready to TTC in 6+ months. I feel the need to get healthy beforehand, my body is a mess and has been a few months post partum. When my DS was about 7 months old I developed GERD, so bad my esophagus is inflamed. Nothing I have tried has worked and the last month I gave in and started Prilosec OTC. It helped so much but I do not feel that it will help me in becoming healthy for pregnancy and I cannot...
Has anyone ever used D-Limonene with success for heartburn/reflux? I am desperate and the only thing that works for me is PPI's aka Prilosec which I do NOT want to be on forever, especially since I will be TTC sometime within the next year. I have had GERD every since I had my first child, 3 years ago. I am sick of my esophagus being inflamed and at this point I might also need to wean my DS if that's what it takes. I don't like the thought of taking a PPI while nursing...
Also, Mamatrix-Slippery elm has never really helped me at all. I even got some Mastic Gum to see if that helped...made my heartburn worse. ACV, Baking Soda, Betaine HCL, Marshmallow, probiotics...none of those seemed to help. DGL chewables do help a lot with my esophagitis though but not with actual heartburn. The only things that have helped is antacids or PPI's sadly and I do not want to be on them forever. Mamatrix-how is your GERD recently?
This is my old post from last year...how are you ladies and your GERD? Haggertyc...how did the orange peel extract work for you? I have not tried it yet...I am still nursing a 3 year old and wonder how safe it is. I know there are synthetic versions out there that should be avoided also, what brand did you use? I have tried everything natural, even cutting out dairy. Nothing worked and it got so bad that I ended up trying Prilosec OTC for a month and a half. I never felt...
How do you mamas go about discipline? My husband and I are clashing when it comes to this. I am anti-spanking of course, So that is NOT an option for me. Although my husband sometimes thinks spanking will solve the "issues" with our DS, who will be 3 in a few weeks. The hubby feels DS"rules the house" and "rules us" and he "gets away with whatever he wants". I don't like time outs and we use them sometimes but they are not effective. So this morning the hubs told me to...
I am thinking about trying Maca Root or Vitex while nursing my 3 year old to try to regluate my hormones and get my sex drive back (it is nonexsitent). Has anyone had experience with either? Is it safe for nursing? Thanks!