or Connect

Posts by pokeyAC

It only takes one sperm to fertilize the egg, but many of the sperm never make the journey all the way up to where the egg is. When they arrive, many sperm attack the egg to break down the outer coating so that one can enter. So, it only takes one, but it needs lots of help. Would you be able to get some help pinpointing ovulation? That might help. You could have an ultrasound to see when your follicle is ready and then take a trigger shot to make you ovulate so that...
I'm sorry I don't have any advice to share, but I am bumping your post up for more attention. I hope you find some answers soon.
mamma1_mama-I was trying not to use bi as something equated with uncertainty. That's a myth of bisexuality that bi folks are trying to dispel because it makes it sound like someone who identifies as bi just isn't sure and eventually they will make up their minds. I never identified as bi because I didn't want to seem uncertain. That was my biphobia I suppose you could say. I had a boyfriend once, who I met at youth group, but I identify as lesbian. I agree with you...
There are parents who buy AngelCare monitors that have a pad you put on the mattress to measure movement, and there are moms who buy dopplers so they can check their baby's heartrate at home, so I'm sure there is a market for something like this. Plus if you add an app to it, that would be an even bigger selling point. All that being said, it's not something I would buy. I'm not that paranoid, but some people are. My baby also slept next to me for the first 4 months so...
somebao, Welcome to Mothering! It looks like your post is in the wrong place. If you could tell me where it belongs, I can move it for you. Thank you, Pokey
Which bank are you using? I would assume that an IVF sample actually has fewer sperm in it since they don't have to do as much hard work to get to the egg. This site even says the sperm in an IVF sample have lower motility than other samples because they can use ICSI to fertilize the eggs. Using these for ICI would decrease your chances of getting pregnant because there would be fewer sperm with lower...
 Boys do tend to come out sooner than girls.  I'm not sure why.  You may be onto something with our culture having an effect on how people come out.  Two women together is a fantasy for some people so it's acceptable as long as the women don't totally turn their backs on men and become lesbians, then it can become a problem, especially if you don't look like the average straight woman.  In my experience, too, some people come out as bi and then come out as gay or lesbian...
Hi!  I've never raised a lesbian teen, but I am a lesbian and a Christian.  I came out when I was in grad school so I don't know much about what it is like to be an out teen, but things have changed a lot since I was a teen.  I would suggest looking for some resources for support with PFLAG.  Also, is there a Metropolitan Community Church anywhere near you?  I am from Ohio and I know they have some there.  It is a Christian church that is also LGBT.  They are all over the...
Welcome back OMOM!  I hope your journey is short and sweet!  
Hi 3LilChunklins! Did you know there is a Paleo Group here on Mothering? It's like the Due Date Clubs. Here is a link. http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/38/primal-paleo Good luck and Congratulations on your pregnancy!