or Connect

Posts by pokeyAC

Congratulations on the baby boy, Friederike! Hanna Andersson has some great clothes that aren't all pink and blue. They are Swedish so maybe it would be easy for you to get over there. Penises are funny things when you are not used to dealing with them. We thought the circumcision thing would be the biggest issue to consider but C was born with hypospadias which affects the look and function of his penis. He will be having surgery to correct it. We surveyed all the...
Hi kboniello! Welcome to Mothering! It looks like you might be trying to enter our pregnancy photo contest. To enter, please post your photo as a reply to this thread. Thanks! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1398585/pregnancy-photo-contest-sponsored-by-sacred-pregnancy-nordic-naturals-and-vitalah/0_30
I started right around 4 months because I just couldn't take it anymore! My pants were driving me crazy and the rubber band thing was not cutting it anymore. I wanted to be comfortable. When I got some maternity pants, I was so happy!.
I saw that you are an active member, and I was not assuming that you posted this to promote CIO or that you have poor intentions. I am a Moderator and regardless of my personal feelings, it is my job to remind our members of our policies. I have edited my post above to show that it is a reminder to anyone who replies on the thread. I simply wanted to avoid any potential problems. For example, if someone used CIO and loved it, sending you a PM would be preferred over...
What are injectibles and OHSS? I know that aspirin therapy is often combined with the blood thinner heparin (which is injectible), but my doctor didn't think my blood work results warranted full heparin. However, I question whether it is effective on its own and whether it has side effects on the baby. Did you conceive on it? Did you continue to take it for your whole pregnancy? Were there any effects on your son? I guess the biggest concern is heart development. I also...
Reminder to any members who respond to the questions above: Mothering does not host the promotion of CIO or any harsh sleep-training methods. There are resources, articles and more information located at the top of this forum's main page. Look for the blue link of Resources. Thanks!
Hi lolodee! I moved your thread to Intact Care because this seems like the more appropriate forum. Welcome to Mothering!
You can check LactMed for info on using aspirin while breastfeeding. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/news/lactmed_announce_06.html I used it while TTC. I had a chemical pregnancy and I was concerned that I had conceived but the cells did not implant properly and I heard that baby aspirin can help with implantation because it's a blood thinner. My acupuncturist also seemed concerned with my flow during AF being consistent and not stopping and starting and not having too many...
Excellent! Well done! It's certainly worth it to wait for someone who can do it with no pain. I'm glad the results were good too.
I'm sorry you had so many struggles. It seems perfectly normal to me to still feel a little disappointed or sad about not being able to breastfeed like you had planned. Perhaps you are grieving a little bit because you were not able to create the breastfeeding relationship you had wanted. I know that I have always wanted to be pregnant and to breastfeed. It's not something totally logical but something I just felt. I imagined what it would be like to have a baby and...