or Connect

Posts by Jenni1894

I don't really see the harm in it.  I slept with a teddy bear until I got married.  At 27.  I just recently gave it DS, who at 9 sleeps with it and a few other things.   I brought it with to every sleep over and DS also brings his guys with on overnight trips. Five is still rather young.  I also have a 5 year old DD.  But she is Ms. Independent.   While she doesn't have a lovey persay, she has tons of stuffed guys and every few weeks she picks a new one to bring with...
I'd maybe paint the walls their fav color and get bedding that coordinates.  Maybe hit up Target or something for some cute art work.  Let them pick out a comforter they like and go from there.   Even maybe throw some cork on the wall of the 11 year old's room.  She can tack up her own photos, pictures, notes.....etc.     My girls share a room, and there is no theme really.   They are girly, well the oldest one is.  The walls are purple, I added a stone print...
  Those are my reasons.   Plus I lost my mom to breast cancer 4 years ago, so I really try to stay away from anything messing with hormones.  I also have 2 girls to think about.  
Save the ends of your bread, set them on your counter to get "stale" and crush into bread crumbs.   My DH and DS eat sandwiches almost every day, so we get lots of ends!  I haven't bought bread crumbs in months.      *bonus if you make your own bread!*       Vinegar and baking soda will clean everything in your house.   Don't waste your money buying toxic cleaners for bathrooms, kitchens, floors, windows....etc.   Vinegar is cheap and works well!
My son (now 8 and in his own bed....lol) did the same thing.   I tried many rewards and charts, bribery...etc.  The only thing that worked was the birth of his little sister.   lol   My pedi suggested "parents bed coupons"  Let him color and decorate "coupons" for 15 mins of time in mom and dad's bed.  I thought what a great idea.  But the little smarty pants would leave it on the dresser and make himself a little bed on the floor instead of waking me and giving me...
I have a minivan.  My kids are 8, 5 and 2.   The 8 year old (DS) is in the back.  He is in school and in the car less.  ODD is 5 and goes to school 3 days a week for 2.5 hrs.  She is on the passenger side.  I pick and drop her off the 3 days a week she goes.   YDD is on the drivers side.  I put her there b/c it's most easiest to hand her stuff when she is behind me, vs her being on the passenger side.   Especially when she was an infant and in the throw things so mama...
GreenVariety....thank you for the link to primalparent!! (learning interesting things about the Fish Oil I and my ADHD son take!!)  and your response!!   Yes, the soy cheese.    We aren't big soy fans here.  In fact I was surprised when my DH balked at my purchase of "veggie cheese'.  I have friends/family that do soy products and I thought well, they are "crunchy" they seem to be okay with it....I've read some not to lovely things about it...but maybe I'm...
I don't use my micro often.   Mainly b/c foods just don't taste the same.  Reheated pizza is much better in the oven!  Things don't cook evenly and makes them hard or soft or soggy.  Also like PP's stated the radiation.    I stopped using it about the time my Mom got breast cancer and underwent radiation and was specifically told to avoid my kids on those days.   (they were 3 and months old at the time)   I figured it couldn't be much more different than a...
My ydd has a milk allergy or intolerance.  What happens when she has dairy of any kind is she gets really congested, and wheezy.  Which then leads to an ear infection.  She'll get itchy/rashy skin, warmish almost feverish.  And then a big hard belly which then leads to diarrhea.   (TMI) She drinks almond milk.   I've bought the veggie/soy cheese.  She's only 2 (3 on St. Patty's day!).  But I'm wondering about things like mac & cheese.   We had Alfredo yesterday for...
Do you have a theme for the party?   Some ideas I have are..... tiaras or wands paint birdhouses jewelery (necklace, bracelet) flip flops (decorate the strap with ribbons) picture frames string candy necklaces   Go to your local craft store and see what they have.   There's always foam crafts I see.  Like fairy houses...etc.