or Connect

Posts by Jenni1894

My ODD is a screamer also.   It makes my ear drums rattle.   This sounds stupid, but if I notice her talking really loud, I clean her ears.   I swear both her and my son when they are talking really loud, the generally have a lot of ear wax.   But I also whisper to her when she yells I WANT XXXXXXXXXX   "please whisper, you hurt mommy's ears"   And when my 21 mo old shrieks, I just hold my finger up to my lips and tell her shuuuushhhh quiet!!!  I ask them are we...
Oh we have them!!!    It usually is tossed within a week.   And every couple months I purge.  Broken things or things not played with or just plain ol' junk are tossed/donated.   (and sometimes things I'm just sick of picking up.   Like the play coins and paper money ODD got for Christmas last year...what was I thinking with that purchase?!  lol) 
I was in your exact position when i had ODD!   DS is now 7 and sleeps all by himself ('cept for my old childhood teddybear and the occasional visit from him.)  He always had his own bed and room, but we mostly co slept.   he climbed out of his crib a few times at 18 mos and we moved him to the matress on the floor.   He wouldn't sleep alone.   I started out laying with him on the floor till he fell asleep (and yes, he would wake in the night and be with us come...
Mine does.   But my toddler is only 20 mos.  She talks fairly well IMO, but she does this babbling often.  And it is when she grabs up my cell, hold it to her ear and walks around the house "talking"  I think she's trying to say something b/c I hear dada, dog, bye bye....etc.  in between these jibberish words.   I know your DD is older and probably talks a heck of a lot better than mine, but maybe she is just playing with sounds to hear them.  If she has a large vocab...
Sounds like a growth spurt to me!!!   I always know when my kids are about to shoot up b/c they will eat and eat and eat.   Well, and DS gets growing pains, but he's 7. 
I also have a frilly girl and also an I want what my siblings have girl, plus I have a rough and tumble 7 yo DS!     Cars!!!  We have a ton.   The "good fast" ones are in DS' room w/his underbed storage box of tracks.   I also have a canvas bin in the play area and the best thing ever.  A Little Tykes green mountain.  It's huge green and plastic, but ever child from 1-12 that has been in house has played with it for hours.   With cars or guys or animals.     DS...
I'm with you. I let my almost 2 yo DS go play in the indoor play place alone.  I knew he could do it.   And the worst that would happen was me having to go get him.  lol  DS was horrified.   The sign said 3 and up and he's only 2!    I think a parent knows their kid best.  If you know your kid can do something then I don't think a parent needs to be right there (climbing..etc).   I think you have to (to a point) let your kid learn cause and effect.   I know my 7 yo...
We make decorating a family thing.  Light a fire, put on music and decorate.     Make cookies of course!   I take DS out to pick out a gift for his sisters and ODD to pick gifts for the others also.   We pile in the car and go look at lights.          
Maybe you could give her a fav toy or new "car" toys?  
Croup is the worst!  YDD had it about 18 mos and once the "worst" was over she did have that mucusy cough and even gagged and puked it a few times.   I kept her hydrated w/water, sucked her nose all the time to try and get all that stuff out.  DH was trying to teach her to spit that stuff out....it didn't work to well.  Unless you count her sticking her head in the garbage can when she would cough working.  lol Steam baths and cool mist and also if it'ss chilly by you...