or Connect

Posts by Jenni1894

I am not sure about the meds you are talking about as I have never used them or heard of them.  ODD got colds pretty often and would get stuffy often.   I used saline nose drops and the booger sucker to clear her out and she slept with a cool mist humdifier.  Another thing I did was to put a flatish pillow under the crib matress.   It elevated it a bit to let the fluid drain so they could breathe a little easier.   It worked like a charm for all 3 of my...
I do this with my son.  He's 7 now and we started it about 3-4 yrs old.  I love it b/c then I can probe for more info about his school day!!! He loves it and on the occasion I don't tuck him in DH tells me that I need to go in and talk with him about our day.   I love it b/c it gives us some one on one time with no little screaming girls interupting!!!
Why would a premie do this more than a full term?  I just thought it was a self soothing type of thing.  In fact all my kids, including DH and myself (so he says) make noises when sleeping.   DS will roll over, mutter something (he talks in his sleep often!) and kinda moan almost yawn but stay sleeping.  
I never heard that premies did it more.   In fact I had never heard of such a thing until I had YDD.   She was a couple weeks early, so not a premie.  But she would grunt herself to sleep.  DH and I would literally LOL as we would hear these little grunts as she would get comfy and then fall asleep.   She still does.  She's a grunter.  She's *almost* 20 mos and if she can reach something, she grunts as she stretches.    She even still grunts/groans in her sleep.  ...
  My kids are 7, 4 and *almost* 20 mos.   We eat the table for every meal.  Okay, I lied the older 2 eat breakfast at the kids table in the family room and watch TV.   The baby sits at the table b/c she WILL wander and not eat, tip the bowls, toss the spoon, eat her bro and sis's food.  ;)  The girls and I eat lunch together at the table.   They sit there till they are done.  They tell me they are done.  I don't make them clean their plates.  If they are full, they are...
My almost 20 mo old loves cups of all kinds. The other 2 like their goggles and they swim. lol they all love glow stick baths!  
Stuffed shells freeze well.   You could freeze them wrapped or on cookie sheets, then a freezer bag.   I made a huge batch of chicken soup and froze some leftovers in muffin tins, lined w/foil.   The muffin cups are perfect.  I just popped out the soup, wrapped the foil around the rest of the soup and stuck them all in a freezer bag.   perfect kid size portion.  You could also do the same w/mashed taters. I premake pancakes and waffles and freeze also.  Add some...
Try magiccabin.com  
My son went to summer school in kindy and 1st grade for math.    he also rec'd extra help during school hours w/his math.   1st grade math is hard.   I think they do throw a lot of stuff at them and they are like WHOA!!   They touch on all topics and go back in detail as the year goes on with certain concepts.  Counting $$, telling time, patterns, adding, number groups, skip counting...etc.   I don't have much advice, other than talk to the teacher.  I'm assuming P/T...
DS7 comes home about 345, has a snack and watches his animal show.  Then gets down to homework.  We don't have much.   15 mins ish.  Then he can play.    he is not allowed to play unless his homework and chores (laundry or garbage) is done.  If he finishes home work and chores and doesn't give me attitude, he can play on the PC or Wii.