or Connect

Posts by Smurfette2

Yeah today at my OB appt, my doc asked how I feel and then put his hand over mines and just stared at me for a couple of minutes. I broke out in tears because the impact of what my body is going thru hit me suddenly. Without saying a word I know my doc was implying that it wasn't too late to terminate this pregnancy. Back to back pregnancies is one thing but back to back multiples in a woman of my age is another thing. He told me to get all the rest I could and stop...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I'm not the only one feeding my kids solids before 6 months! I have been feeling guilty, not really sure why, about giving them solids. But I feel like they're ready. At least one is. And today I was able to give her 3 tsps which is 2 more than I fed her yesterday. Seriously, my milk is drying up.   Saw my OB today and he feels like I'm not absorbing enough iron and ordered me on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. WHAT?! I'm only 8...
I was ordered to "take it easy" which I did not do and I ended up popping at 36w. This time will be different. Somehow. I'm a Type A/B personality - it's hard for me to relax.
Amen to that. I'm about done with the BFing. Seriously. Healthier or not, if it ain't working, it ain't working. I can't force my milk to come in. I actually think my current pregnancy is screwing with my biorhythms and I can't produce as much milk. I'm going to give it another week and then it will be 100% Carnation Alsoy. No shame.    
Well our fraternals sleep very close and one always has her hand in her sister's face. They're 3 months and don't care for each other unless it's time to sleep. I noticed during the day they might glance at each other but other than that... they couldn't care less. I think it's because it's such the norm for them to have that "other person" there nearby that it's more exciting to look around for mommy and daddy and TeenSis. And Kitty. Our fraternals get excited when the...
I'm only 8w but I'm feeling some bubbling in there. I thought maybe it was gas but I can push on it and feel a definite reaction. Nothing like a baby kicking or even a reflex but more like having a balloon filled with water and moving it around gently. I don't have a good idea of where our twins are positioned but I know one is anterior and one is posterior. Obviously they're not identical - neither are G & S but they look like it at first glance.
I'm kinda used to the idea now but 4 kids under the age of one is COMPLETELY overwhelming to me at times. I can't even imagine our stroller configuration or what kind of bus we'll need to get around. And it sucks but I literally just bought a Mini Cooper that seats four people... including the driver. I think I found out I was preg a few days later. Food, clothes, college... omg - it's best I stop thinking of all the negatives.  
I don't mean to pry but I am losing sleep over this. When did you miscarry the 2nd baby?   My nose healed "okay-so-so" and I can risk going thru a 2nd surgery to fine-comb the kinks or just hang on until next Spring and undergo the rhinoplasty then. My only concerns now would be pain management since I nurse and anesthesia - whether local or regional, none of them seem like a good idea while I'm pregnant. My doc recommends fixing my nose now while the tissue is still soft...
Well our "Baby Evan" is actually "Baby Evan & Co." because we're expecting twins... again. Just got back from Italy - on my way to my doc to make sure my nose healed properly. I'm a mess.   I'm 8 weeks, totally bloated and hugely preg. I look like I'm about 4 mos. More later...