or Connect

Posts by Smurfette2

We're expecting our 2nd set of twins in February 2012. Complete surprise both the pregnancy and the multiples. Most of our journey is logged at OneWed where I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be a mother of five. :)   I'll update more later. I'm 8 weeks now btw.
Red Pajama is right. Be prepared for anything. Nothing I'd planned for our twins birth transpired except for them arriving via the birth canal. That's where all my prep and planning ended and life took over. Good luck! You'll be fine. :)
Oh man, after reading your replies, I feel like the Whore of Babylon.   I have a 15 year old, three month old twins and Baby #4 on the way. The docs say I'm 5 wks and I'll roll with that but technically speaking I'm only 27 days pregnant. Which means I got knocked up 8 weeks after giving birth. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. I plan to take it one day at a time and be my regular self. It's stressful enough that I'm going to be a mother of four. And I...
Hey Shelly, I'm due a few days after you! This pregnancy is a single but still, it's nice to meet another 1st Tri mom! :)
LOL, are we talking about stupid "twin" comments?   I get this one a lot - ARE THEY TWINS? Uh duh nope. I just happen to have a double stroller and two infants of the same size and age with me. I've started being a smartass and now I answer this question with "no, they're sisters."   ARE THEY IDENTICAL? Do they look the same to you?   DO YOU HAVE TWINS IN YOUR FAMILY? We do now!   DO THEY CRY AT THE SAME TIME? Yes   DO THEY DO EVERYTHING THE SAME?...
Awesome! Your story totally gives me inspiration. We are completely unprepared for Baby #4, even moreso than hearing we were expecting twins. What worries me is even though I had an u/s on Friday and the tech immediately located the gestational sac, she lost it for a minute. Twice! And she mumbled something about thinking it was anterior vs posterior. My husband and I looked at each other thinking... two eggs, two locations, twins? She did the transvaginal instead of the...
We're definitely having a growth spurt. Not only that but now that the sun comes up earlier, it affects their sleep. For the past 12 days, our twins have been eating hungrily, we even ditched the 4oz bottles. DH (on the advice of my mom) let the girls suck on his finger that was dipped in squash and now they can't get enough. I know they're not ready for solids yet but they like real food. I finally moved the high chair up a notch so they're not totally reclined and that...
OMG - I was literally just talking about this last night with my mom! I have one twin that will only fall asleep while nursing. If DH bottle feeds her, she thinks it's playtime. The other twin is so low maintainence and mellow. It is literally like having two different babies in the house. Sophia makes me carry her everywhere or one of us has to be in her sightline.    I just feel like I'm not getting enough time with Grace because Sophia is so needy. And she's...
.So weird. Sorry for the multiple blank posts. I was trying to edit and it just came off as though I was drunk posting. :)