or Connect

Posts by fostermama

I locked my then 2 year old in the car.  I was putting his backpack and nap gear in the front seat after daycare and he pushed the lock button on the door.  I said "no thank you, don't press the buttons please", but nothing happened so I kept moving with our routine.  I buckled him in the car seat, gave him a baggie of Kix and shut his door.  Ding, ding ding--LOCK.  WHAAAAT?!?!  Apparently if you hit the lock button while the door is open it waits until all the doors are...
We call it boobie "do you need some boobie?".  My non-biological 4 year old call it milk-things "I think she needs your milk things!!!"
I am 37.3 weeks pregnant with gestational diabetes and a really big baby.  To avoid Cytotec/Pit induction I am working some more natural ways to get my body into labor or at least ready (acupuncture, herbs, breastpump).  Last night was my first try with the breastpump.  I've never nursed a baby before and didn't expect to get anything out so i didn't put bottles on the pump, just the sheilds and tubing.  After about 5 minutes my right breast starting squirting all over...
Thank you ladies!  I did the Hibiclens and its worked:)  GBS-.  I will keep up the cleanse every few days and then again in early labor.  Thanks for the great advice:)
Hi mamas, My wife and I are expecting a baby girl very soon and she found out recently that she is being laid off on our due date. Our original plan was to share child care between us and she was going to be able to take our daughter to work because the company she worked for was very family friendly (but as we have learned not so financially stable!!). We are expecting a job offer on Friday (checking references and CORI today!!!) and so now we need to re-evaluate our...
Hey ladies, Does any one have any suggestions on how to prevent GBS? I currently have insulin resisitant gestational diabetes and have already watched my whole natural midwife guided pregnancy and birth turn into a terrifying freakshow of obstetric horrors with a young nervous OB with a few bad outcomes under her belt. If I end up GBS positive and have to have any more intervention or lectures from this OB I will seriously LOSE MY SHIT. The only reason I haven't...
I requested to be tested early because of a drastic weight gain at 23 weeks. Passed with no problems. Then the midwife said it's protocol to test everyone at 28 weeks so I had to drink the gross orange "soda" again. Failed big time. Passed the 3 hour, but barely so they referred me to a diabetic nurse for "diet teaching". I walked in and she handed me my shiney new glucose meter with test strips and lancets. WHAT?!?!?! Apparently "my OB" (some doctor I have never...
Oh yeah, location!! We live in Everett MA and I work in Cambridge. So anything Boston or North Shore is manageable for us!
Hi ladies, My wife and I are expecting in September and would like to take a natural childbirth class. I'm having the baby at Mt Auburn with the midwives there and they offer classes, but I am unable to make it at any of the times offered (the two classes i can make are full:( Does anyone know of a CBE instructor who offers private classes? Or non-private at various times? I worked as a doula for years so I'm very comfortable with everything, but my wife's only...
I'm exausted, my feet are swollen up like potatoes and I just had to kick my first patient of the day out of my office because I'm 26 weeks pregnant and he was getting too verbally aggressive for my comfort. My emotions are all over the place and I can't take a day off because I have to save every moment of paid leave for the 6 weeks of maternity leave I'm hoping to scrape together. Also, the air conditioning in my office is not working and I'm about to lose my mind. ...