or Connect

Posts by Haley00

My 17-months old son still wakes up , on a good night 2-3 times, on a bad night 4-6 times each night!  Sometimes, he's up for an hour or two tossing and turning.  He asks for me when he wakes up and wants to nurse.  If my husband goes to him, he starts crying and only wants me.  He's still sleeping in our room, but on his own mattress on the floor.  He used to sleep in our bed from 5-months to 10-months old.    I'm seriously sleep-deprived.  All these waking-ups is...
The Problem with my son is that he doesn't even take the breast! As soon as I try putting him to the breast, he starts fighting. A lactation consultant told me he might be a little tongue-tied, yet he used to nurse well before.
His doc didn't think he was teething (or even at per teething stage). I use a swing and play music for him. He likes it, but it doesn't always help him sleep, ESP when he is fighting it. He doesn't eat at all! As soon as I bring him down/close to me to nurse, he gets fussy, arches his back and pushes away the breast with his hands. I weigh him to see how he's growing. He lost a lot of weight first week of his birth and was in 16 percentile (Though his birth weight was...
He nurses about 5 times/24 hours, twice during the night. He doesn't wake up to nurse though. I hear him sucking on his hands, so I pick him up and nurse him. He. Used to nurse on both sides, now only on one side and for much less time. He got an ear infection when he was 8 weeks old and has been having a couple of colds and still had nose congestion. The ears are now good though. I usually change him 5 times a day. At least 3 out of 5 the diaper is only slightly...
My son is almost 4 months old. About 4 weeks ago he started refusing the breast. I can only nurse him right after he falls asleep. I think this all started after he had his first vaccines (TDAP, Rotavirus) when he was ~9 weeks old (Jan 10th). For the past few days, he doesn't even want to sleep. As a result he's eating even less. He's sucking on his hands all the time, even while nursing. He used to gain 1.5 ounces/day, last week he was down to 0.5ounce/day. He's also...
Thank you.  It seems like it's turning into a bronchitus/sinus infection by the look of it.  I've always been prone to sinus infections.  My sore throat is getting much worse and the mucus is getting thicker and a little yellowish (sorry I know it's disgusting).  I've been told if it's infection it will be easier to treat it at its early stages, and that if I wait too long it may take more than one course of antibiotics to get rid of it. 
I'm in my week 9 and have come down with a nasty flu/cold for the past 4-5 days.  My symptoms are getting worse.  The nurse gave me rx for z-pack though she was very reluctant for me to take it. However, I've heard that is the infection gets worse I may have to take more than once course of antibiotics.  I'm very worried about taking the z-pack, afraid it might hurt my baby.  I'm 42 yr old and it is already a risky pregnancy.  Is there any one who had to take z-pack...