or Connect

Posts by babyfarm

I'd go for it, but I'd be more concerned about possible problems with inlaws later than living in a mobile.  I know that you're all getting along now, but things can change.  I don't want to be a party pooper, but I would suggest that you guys have something in writing to protect both parties.  As far as the trailer goes - it's a roof over your head, and you can fix it up so that it is nice - we have TWO trailers that we are living in right now.  Our first one was only...
We live in the country - I guess you could say semi off-grid.  We have a well, but our water is still primitive and we use a humanure toilet.  We've been here just a year and only recently got the plumbing kind of working with a 12 volt RV pump.  We have 4 acres w/garden, dogs, cats, goats, rabbit, ducks & chickens.....oh, and the twelve of us....lol.  We are still clearing land, but we've finally moved on from the area right by the house, so it feels like a real...
My dh works from home, we have ten kids and I homeschool them, so at first glance 8 hours a day to myself sounds AWESOME!!!!.....lol....I know I would get bored and lonely, oh, about day 2, but right now I'd love some time to myself!!!!   And we are a good 45 minutes from any town, so I never get a little sneak into town by myself....sigh.  Maybe you will adjust in time, or maybe we should swap lives for a couple of days!!
We just moved to our semi off-grid mobile last Nov..  Before we moved we thought we might be totally off-grid.  I worried about the same things you are talking about.  I called CPS, the health dept., a child abuse hotline, looking for the answer to the question ; what do I legally have to provide for my kids?  NO ONE could, or would, answer me.  The best I finally got was that they take each case on a case by case basis, and that they don't want to "take kids from...
I pay about $15.00 for a bag of feed.  That will last my flock of 16 about two months, but mine free range so I don't give them a whole lot of fed.  You will also need to buy straw for their coop and nests, which is cheap, about $3.00 a bale.   Mine free range and they do roam, but they come home at night.  We have four acres and I constantly see them across the road...lol.   If you were going to be gone for more than a day or two you would need someone to take...
Bump....and I'm adding my blog:   http://mysticmud.blogspot.com/   :)
err....make that a 1931 stove.
My husband found an old (1913) ARMY cook stove on Craigs List that he fell in love with (as though he cooks...lol) and he is out picking it up as I type........I guess I'll just have to see for myself how well the older ones cook:)
There are land restrictions, though this land is considered "unrestricted" - as far a building codes, need for permits, that sort of stuff.  As far as the owner goes - no commercial pig or poltury farms, no commercial junk yards, limit of two homes per every 5 acres....reasonable stuff like that.  Our "owner" is a businees, so I think we're safe from those types of issues.  I have no idea if a bank would lend to build or not - we're looking to stay out of debt other than...
Yes, there is a legal contract.  I don't see a downside.  Bare land loans are hard to get, which this seller knows, and that is why he offers his properties with financing - otherwise he'd probably not be able to sell them (other than to cash buyer's).  Interest rates are based on how much, if any, money you put down.  With zero down the rate is 10%, and it goes down from there with money down.  The length of the loan can be up to 30 years, or shorter, depending on what...