or Connect

Posts by Theresa787

Thank you for starting this thread.  It's important to give and get support during this time.   We have 14-month old twins (girl/boy).  We started part-time EC almost a month ago.  When we first introduced the potty, we caught several pees and poops a day.  It was impressive and I naively thought this is going to be a piece of cake.  Oh, how wrong I was.  Two weeks ago they decided to stop peeing and pooping on the potty.  In fact, they will sit on the potty for five...
Thank you for starting this thread.  That's wonderful that you are planning on homeschooling your little one AND to apply Montessori methods in your practice.   We have 14-month old twins (Emily and Tommy) and this is what we've made/purchased so far: Colorful interlocking blocks Board books Box of different sized/colored balls Shape sorter Ring sorter Xylophone Objects with lids (shoeboxes, formula...
I'm a first time, stay at home mom, of girl/boy 14-month old twins.  I have been trying to incorporate Montessori-like activities into our daily lives.  So far, while at home, we switched from sippy cups to small drinking glasses, glass desert plates, glass bowls, toddler-sized flatware.  We work with the shape sorter, ring sorter, blocks, created a coin bank, taking out and replacing tennis balls from it's container, practicing dry-mopping (woo hoo), taking out and...
We have 14 month old girl/boy twins.  We just started EC (elimination communication- Diaper Free Baby) three weeks ago. Has anyone else tried EC'ing their multiples?  
Mommy take a breath, yes a deep breath.  Remember you are raising infant twins AND a three-year-old.  I give you a lot of credit, that you are still nursing at six months.  That is remarkable.  You should be very proud of yourself, that's extremely difficult to do with twins.   I tried nursing.  I was all set for nursing.  I took the class, read the books.  I bought the storage bags, an extra large nursing chair, the nursing clothes, the boppy...  Then, the babies were...
I'm a first time, stay at home mom, of girl/boy twins (14 months).  We just started EC three weeks ago (part time).  The first week, I thought this is easy.  I'm catching pees and poops.  Fast forward three weeks and I'm lucky if I can catch two pees a week!  I even try after they wake up and after they eat.  They'll sit happily on the potty with no elimination and then two minutes later I see them peeing/pooping on the floor.   We switched out of Pampers during the...