or Connect

Posts by mangogirl

That was a beautiful article that was posted. Thank you for sharing (all of you!) This is a great thread to come and visit on the day after a rough night. The beautiful thing is that you will never have 2 nights the same, and that you know that you are really not alone. Moms and babes around the world are all going through the same thing.
I would have to say that it is worth it. With my first I did not know any better, and she cried for a good 4 months. With my second, we found the same pattern happening until I found out about the elimination diet one morning at 2am surfing the net to find a cure! I cut to the chase and just eliminated only all dairy products (everything from milk, cheese, yogurt, butter) which was hard to do! In 3-4 days his skin started clearing up and after about a week he was a much...
Dr. Jack Newman has an herbal remedy protocol for increasing milk supply if you think that supply is an issue. You can find it here: http://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Herbal%20Remedies%20for%20Milk%20Supply.asp     I've heard that taking Fenugreek on its own can be gassy for baby, so it is recommended to take blessed thistle along with it.   Also, night feeding is really good to do as your milk producing hormones are higher then... This can help boost and protect your...
Haven't seen any myself. Happy about that too!
I'm new to the mothering fourm, but have been on the site for about 6 years now. I love the magazine and the great resource that it has been to me in my own personal life as well as professionally.   I have 3 lovely babies - 6yrs, 5yrs, and 2 months and am thoroughly enjoying being a mom to a new baby again!  I had some significant bf problems starting out with my littlest one - and couldn't believe how painful bf was as this was not my experience in the past, and...
On an aside.. I think the term "ring of fire" should be abandoned. It is a stretching sensation - makes sense, as your baby's head is coming down the birth canal.... I did not have any ring of fire with my 3rd bb who was born at home in water. I did experience what I would call stretching pain with my second baby who was born at home out of the water. With my first, I had a not so great epidural and also experienced stretching pain. With all of my births I did not...