or Connect

Posts by supercrunch

whew...it *just* stopped that was a long one I think I remember my dd getting ringing in her ears once with an ear infection. I guess I'll see what happens next.
...does that seem abnormally long? I have never had my ears ring for that long. He keeps complaining that his ear is still ringing. Anything I need to be concerned about?
thanks for all the links! It looks like the only one that isn't crazily expensive (the one from ebags) is way too small for a standard school backpack. (it's only 10" wide). The Fleurville one is absolutely gorgeous, but insanely priced, of course. I'll keep searching.
My mini-environmentalist dd needs a new backpack. She spotted one at Target that was made mostly from recycled plastic bottles with little messages about recycling and planting trees, etc on it and she fell in love...but it is made in China and seems to be pretty flimsy for $20. I promised her I would try to see what else we can find before we make a final decision. Any ideas where I can find a backpack made from recycled plastic bottles and/or with a good...
Here is what I loved about the dance studio dd attends.. -focuses on ballet and modern -viewing windows for each studio so we could peak in whenever we wanted to -performs the nutcracker and an additional spring performance each year. Rather than the traditional "recital" format where each class comes out on stage for their song and then leaves, they perform an actual ballet and all dancers have a part in the ballet. (for example, my dd and her class were flower...
I picked advanced chapter books...but then I second guessed my decision. (does that include things like Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary...other typical mid elementary chapter books? or did you mean things like War and Peace? lol) My dd was reading just about anything you could put in front of her when she entered K. She just finished first grade and is currently in reading 3 books... the first Harry Potter book, Because of Winn Dixie, and a biography about the childhood...
The issue is that yes, most sealants contain BPA...but most composite fillings contain BPA also. So if you seal the teeth, you will be exposing her to BPA. If you don't seal the teeth, and cavities develop, you will be exposing her to BPA when the tooth is filled anyway. Personally, I would most likely opt for sealants for a child with a history of dental problems and deeply grooved molars. But for a child with strong teeth that are not prone to cavities, I would...
if it's any consolation for your timeline...my dd lost her top two teeth at 6. She just turned 7, and the two next to them are now starting to get loose. And yes, it will go by before you know it. She's 7 I still feel like she *just* got here! hang in there
My son had 3 stainless steel crowns placed on the bottom about 3 weeks ago (both first molars and one second molar). I can see them when he smiles big or laughs, and it bothered me a lot in the first few days, but I honestly hardly think about them anymore. He is in love with them, and shows them off to just about everyone. (apparently they are spiderman teeth and give him special powers, lol) It helped a lot once I realized that they didn't bother him at all, and...