or Connect

Posts by mercii

Thanks all! Thankfully I didn't go so late this time - It was just 41 + 4 days when I gave birth to a beautiful little girl. The midwives commented on how healthy the placenta looked. :)
Not sure if this belongs on this board, but I would appreciate some input.   Has anyone experienced an actual taste in your mouth that you might describe as fear or pain?   I had a pretty normal labor with my 3rd baby but the pain was indescribable and during the worst contractions I tasted a strange, metallic, sterile flavor in my mouth. It somewhat makes me think of blood, but not quite like that either.  I'm experiencing the same flavor during latch-on while...
Well, my 3rd delivery went well. All normal bleeding, and my bleeding is slowing down much faster than the past 2 in the postpartum stage, too.   I did take alfalfa and red raspberry leaf tea, so I wonder how much that helped! Alfalfa is high in vitamin K, which helps with blood clotting, and red raspberry leaf tea is known for toning the uterus, enabling it to contract better.
52cm!!! poor lady. I wonder what contributed to that, if it wasn't a big baby or a lot of fluid.   I'm 5'3 but I have a super long torso, so I hardly ever experience that "baby in your ribs" unless they're in a weird position. I'm 41 weeks today and measured 41cm on Friday... Looks like my ultrasound date is more correct, though, in which case I'm really still in my 39th week. Whatever the case, I'm SO impatient to meet this new little one!
Well, I'm apparently one of those people that goes late. Previous two babies I went 41+3 and 42+4(? we think, I lost count and would have to calculate it again). I'm currently 40+3 and don't have any reason to think it's going to be soon.   I'm wondering if anyone could link me to statistics about the risks of going overdue. My midwife can legally only take me up to 42 weeks - the only reason we went past that last time was because we decided to go with my ultrasound...
1st - 41 weeks 3 days, 5 1/2 hours start to finish, born in caul 2nd - 42 weeks ?? days (we lost track) 6 hours start to finish, water broke as she came out 3rd - ??? we will see.. I keep seeing scenarios in my head of baby being born in the car on my way, but hopefully I'll have time to make the 50 minute drive to the birth center. :D Currently 39+5.
I googled it last night and found lots of mixed answers. Some huge babies, some little babies and lots of fluid, people who measured over, and then shrunk the next week when their baby dropped..   She hasn't dropped at all yet, so I'm sure that's contributing some. I don't feel like I have a lot of fluid -- it just feels like a big 'ol baby in there. For a long time she just felt freakishly long when she stretched out, and now the limbs are feeling big all over too....
At my 38.2 (LMP) appointment I measured 40 cm. (Or 37.6 ultrasound date, which we were going off of up till now since I went so late last two times). Previous 2 pregnancies I didn't measure 40cm until I was 10 days past and 16 days past my LMP date.   I'm curious how many of you have gone over 40cm -- and if there was any direct connection to baby size??   My other two were right around 8 pounds, and this time I've been suspecting a larger baby for a while and...
I'm wondering the same thing! I had a severe PPH on my most recent delivery (2nd child). I am currently nearly due with my 3rd.. I will let you know how it goes. This will be a birth center birth, and my midwife plans to give me pitocin immediately after birth. She is also prepared to transfer immediately if that doesn't make a noticeable difference.   I have read that c-sections increase your risk of hemorrhage, (which makes complete sense if you consider that they...
Well, thought I would update this thread to let you all know the results of my decision. I ultimately decided to find out what I was having, because I figured if I was having a boy, I'd hate to agonize for months of not knowing that.   But... what do you know. It's girl number 3 in there, and I'm really regretting my decision now. I'm positive I wouldn't be this disappointed if I was holding her in my arms right now. I know I will love her just like I adore my 2...