or Connect

Posts by jdsf

No, these new razors have little fibers to keep the blades down unlike the old school variety (I had many friends who shaved off chunks of skin :/). You would have to try pretty hard to hurt yourself with a Venus.
Both my DDs, 12 and 15, go to bed around 10, in theory for the older one, and wake at 6:20. This seems to be enough sleep for DD12 (8.5 hrs roughly) and she never sleeps past 8 on a weekend, even though she stays up until 11 or 12 sometimes. DD15 does not get enough sleep. She can't fall asleep before 11 usually, sometimes she can do 10:30 if she is really tired. We have tried taking away screens an hour before bedtime, reading in bed with low lighting, taking baths,...
Both our DDs have been doing chores to earn allowance since they were in 4th or 5th grades. I think they have it pretty easy (but of course they drag it out and make it harder than it needs to be), way easier than when I was their age at least, and I only got $10 a month allowance, not $20... Even with inflation, they're doing pretty good Their expectations are: feed dogs/water, unload dishwasher, pick up personal items every day/clean bathroom, clean room, 1 load laundry...
Oh and about quality, ModCloth and Anthropologie seem to be comparable in quality, it just kind of depends on the fabric. Obviously a cotton jersey dress won't hold up as well as broadcloth, etc. Anthropologie is a ripoff if you ask me, Urban Outfitters carries similar items slightly cheaper and has better sales. Have you tried eBay? We have found a lot of cute designer clothes for DD there, she loves Levi's but hates paying $60 new so we've gotten pretty good at deal...
Mod cloth is great but runs small... If your DD truly is a 1X, I don't think their version of XL will work. DD is a 2-4 and wears an XS or S in every other brand except them... she wears a medium in ModCloth. DP is a 10-12 and wears a ModCloth XL, FYI. My plus size friends swear by the Torrid website, better selection than the store and EVERYTHING comes in at least 1X. Forever 21 also has a great plus size line online, but they can also be pretty scandalous... I've made DD...
I had breast buds at 8, but I was also tall and maybe a BMI of 17 if I had to guess from 8-11. I didn't start gaining weight until after I started my period... I went from a girls size 12-14 to a women's 6 in a matter of months. Same with both my DDs. DD15 got breast buds around 9, period at 11, and hasn't grown since 12. DD12 got breast buds at 10 and still no period, but I'm sure it will be soon. She has a BMI of 14 since she has been growing taller by the minute but not...
Ugh, I feel ya. I have the same complexion as your DD, very light skin with freckles and dark hair... I have so much peach fuzz on my back, you can see the whorl of it. I don't shave anymore as I don't adhere to "male standards of beauty" and people are in awe of how hairy I am, but it was something I fought for a long time. My DDs are both blonde and not so hairy, but both started shaving around 6th grade even though they didn't "need" to. The pressure is quite high. I...
A quick suggestion... Have you thought about getting her involved in volunteering? My partner is a Special Ed teacher and both our girls help out with the summer school program (transitioning young children with special needs into a school setting half days), and I must say, they both behave wayyyy better after doing that. I think for teens, sometimes it takes seeing people in a situation worse than your own to realize what you have to be thankful for, and it really builds...
Spoiled, lazy, sloppy... Yep, sounds about right. My DD 15 is a great kid, by all accounts, but she is also all of those things... And super entitled. NOT things she learned from us. Teenagers are inherently self absorbed. They expect everything. I try to remember that every time DD says things like "I am going to hang out with " instead of "hey, can you give me a ride to hang out with ----" or "where's dessert" instead of "can I have dessert". Yes, it's annoying and...
So, DD 15 wants her learner's permit. Problem is, she can't even give basic directions to our house or tell you what street her school is on. She may be ready to operate a vehicle, but she certainly is nowhere near being able to actually, logistically, drive somewhere. Every time she's in the car, she's playing on her phone and has no awareness of how the city is laid out. When I was a teen, I had he radio. So I looked out the window and learned where things were. DP grew...