or Connect

Posts by jdsf

I know you shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, but DP and I are TTC our first baby together and I am a little worried as I've never been pregnant before. I had plenty of sex with men as a teenager and young adult, half the time I was on birth control with a laissez- faire attitude about it (I wasn't taking them religiously) and I never got pregnant. Both my mother and my grandmother had more miscarriages than live births so I'm worried that I may have...
FWIW, DP realized she was queer before having children but didn't have the opportunity to act on it as she met baby daddy and ended up dating him even though she wanted to explore relationships with women. Long story short, they ended up with a third who was present at the younger DD's conception and ended up carrying on with baby daddy in secret which is why they ended up separating. Now the third is baby daddy's wife and they have a kid together, so that's all a weird...
Yes, please, anyone who didn't use meds, DP and I are very interested in co-feeding. I am quite small breasted and worry about supply issues. DP breastfed for 7 years and still lets down a little when she spends a lot of time around babies so I'm sure getting her to lactate again won't be too hard and we certainly don't want to use meds if we don't have to. DD11 was weaned 7 or so years ago so it's been awhile.
Part of the reason I don't mention the fact that I'm the non-bio parent on the other forums here is exactly because of the mentality that "you don't count" if you're not the birth parent. I have been with DP longer than baby daddy, I am the person who packs lunches, takes & picks the kids up from school, does the laundry and the cleaning, prepares all the meals, etc. I am essentially "the housewife" in the family even though DP is the birth mother and I refuse to let...
It might just be because her "biological clock" hasn't started ticking yet. I always swore up and down I would never have kids, not that I didn't want a family, but because the whole idea seemed foreign and like 9 months of torture. Even as a small child I always maintained I would adopt kids, regardless of my relationship status. Anyway, around 25 I started having baby fever like crazy. Every baby I saw was adorable and I wanted to squeeze it. Around 27, the baby dreams...
I have an app on my phone that tracks my periods. It's always right about that so I'm assuming the fertility window is correct, too. Still waiting to inseminate when we are absolutely sure since we don't have a lot of money and are crossing are fingers for the first try.  
I am co-parenting with DP who had our two DDs with her ex-husband. I am more of the father figure than their birth father, who sees them every other weekend and sometimes once a week in theory, but not really in practice. They were very young when we got together, so I am essentially the father the younger one knows. I have been out as trans since before they came along, but I am not hormonally/surgically transitioned in any way though I have a form of hirsutism and am...
I'm sure my kids will never smoke pot because all they have to do is look at their father and say "Do I want to end up like that when I'm 40?" He started smoking pot at 11. He has lost probably 20 cell phones in the last 10 years among other things. He is the epitome of not having it together and still gets nagged by his parents constantly to do what any adult should be doing. Please befriend both a burnout and an alcoholic, introduce them to your kids, and then you can...
In addition to doing great at school, she is also the most popular girl her age and has plenty of friends, half of which she finds annoying or babyish or otherwise not cool enough to hang out with outside of school, so I'm not worried about this issue holding her back socially, either. She does remember to flush the toilet at other people's houses, she is always a perfect angel at other people's houses as well because she cares what people think about her and would hate...
It sounds like emotional over-eating. The emotions need to be addressed, not the food. I dated someone who was pretty insecure as a child, as your DD may be if she has self-consciousness issues, and her mother limited her access to the kitchen to try and control her weight. She ended up sneaking food anyway and choked on food she wasn't supposed to be eating when she was caught once, leading to an even more traumatic experience. She still has an unhealthy relationship...