or Connect

Posts by HeartsEtude

I'm in Suffolk's north shore and I know just one person who thinks like me, so I totally relate to your concern!   My crunchier lifestyle started after my son was born.  Suddenly, certain things became very important to me, and certain decisions I saw other parents make became unacceptable and intolerable to me.  There is a meetup group I found but it was more for moms of babies and toddlers.  My child is in grade school.  I'm the lone crunchy that scans labels for corn...
  Today I noticed a cosponsored banner ad by Coca Cola and PS4 video game console on Mothering's home page.  Above is a screen shot I saved.  I thought Mothering was all about a healthy more natural lifestyle and that would not include these two products, especially in combination!   Seems like a mistake, doesn't it?  
I totally LOVED my Ergo carrier.  I used it until my son was less sleepy and had more awake time when he wanted to be on the floor doing things.  But before then, he liked to be on my back so much.  As a result, he hardly ever cried.  He hated the playpen!  I have one that is almost new, because he never wanted to be in it.   If it helps you decide, I can share how easy it was to use the Ergo.  I tried the Maya but it felt completely insecure and awkward, like I had to...
Thank you SO MUCH for everyone's replies. I read all of them and you truly helped me see different points of views so I was able to step outside a little bit and see this with a slightly clearer lens... I went to the seder and my son did not ask me the questions I was worried he would.  I had a little white wine (yeah baby) and this helped me relax... I rarely drink so it sure made a difference.  Before we arrived I told my son we are going to a Passover seder, and next...
You ladies are all so AWESOME for your insightful ideas and sharing your experiences, too.  I am SO conflicted... but I reluctantly decided to go, because it's a combination of Jewish and Christian, since Jesus also had a seder.   I also have no real excuse to skip out; I can't lie because they live in close proximity.   I have one week to give myself a crash course in the history of Judeo-Christian history.  And one week to have answers ready for my son should he ask......
Yes, it's unfortunately a toxic relationship betw. me and MIL.   And this is a difficult situation for me to work through with the various overlapping issues.  My religion, my son's religion, formal education for him or not and which one, and how fast do I have to make these decisions?  This was a very hard question to post.  I didn't want to be judged.  But I am so unsure and have been for a long time... and my husband of many years no longer here... may he rest in...
Yup Zinemama, you distilled it down to the two points... Yes it's about my uncertainty about which religion to "officially" belong to, and 2) it's also about my relationship with MIL.  If she was easygoing, no agenda, accepting whatever decision I make without constantly putting in her two cents as though they're worth 2000 dollars, I would have no problem going and would not have posted... But she knows I'm uncertain.  She asked me once if I plan on raising my son...
Hi all, I am new and hope I am posting this in the right place.  I was raised in a Christian denomination, husband was Jewish but it didn't matter and we feel in love quickly and were "soulmates".   By nature I have a hard time being decisive.  I see both sides of an issue, and often ended up pleasing my husband who was trying to please his mother.  She convinced her son of benefits of me converting.  So for him/his parents, I converted to Judaism but it wasn't my real...