or Connect

Posts by AsherahTanith

We celebrated the first day of Spring with an egg hunt where the Spring Hare had also left our 4-year-old daughter a basket with a bright new [to her] outfit, colorful sidewalk chalk, a chocolate bunny and some chocolate foil eggs.  The eggs that she hunted were all plastic eggs with jelly beans and malt robin's eggs inside.   I made a meal of keilbasa and eggs before we headed downtown with the chalk and three bundles of flowers that we had picked up from the...
I'm glad you're here, too, Jenniro.  Your story sounds achingly similar to mine.  I'm not sure if I will have another child at this point.  We miscarried at 6-8 weeks shortly before we conceived our daughter and, then last year, I miscarried at 13 weeks.  That was the closest I've come to actual birth as it happened in the doctor's waiting room, with me squatting on the floor using the breathing and relaxing techniques we'd learned for our attempted Bradley Method VBAC....
Thank you both, so much!  My daughter turns five later this year and it still tears at me when I think about how things worked out.  I'm hoping that by purging this on the board, I'll be able to work out some of the anguish that comes up from my birth experiences.  I REALLY did want to have her natural.  :-\  Thanks again, ladies.  It's been hard to talk to people because the impression is that I shouldn't have tried for VBAC in the first place and, of course, I would...
I've liked Mothering for a long time and now I like it on FB, too.  :-)
I'm not sure who to turn to and, so, I'm turning to you all.   My first child was born on my 18th birthday.  I had absolutely NO idea what birth was supposed to be like.  My mother had three children, all of them by cesarean section.  I was the first, born in a hospital that let her lay alone in bed for a day and a half, in a room next to a screaming man who had jumped from a balcony while on LSD.  My Dad threatened someone into looking in at her and that's when she...