or Connect

Posts by thecoffeebean

All right, I finally sat down and wrote out the birth story! Whew, it only took 7 weeks... August Everett’s birth story My husband Rob and I had been trying to add a second child to our family for quite a while. Due to a known chromosomal abnormality, we had experienced 5 miscarriages over the course of 2.5 years in the attempt to make our 3.5 year-old Iris a big sister. I fully expected that I would lose this baby early on, but when I first saw the heart beating via...
All right, I finally sat down and wrote out the birth story! Whew, it only took 7 weeks... August Everett’s birth story My husband Rob and I had been trying to add a second child to our family for quite a while. Due to a known chromosomal abnormality, we had experienced 5 miscarriages over the course of 2.5 years in the attempt to make our 3.5 year-old Iris a big sister. I fully expected that I would lose this baby early on, but when I first saw the heart beating via...
Fun! I'm interested, either as regular old friends or if you start a group. I friend requested you also. :-)
Agile, in sorry about your awful doctor's office experience. I don't get why they felt the need to make you leave at that point. Ugh. I had a similar experience with my 6 week appointment last week. I walked into my appointment room (this is after the receptionist and the medical assistant each treated me rather impersonally, no one asking about my baby or me, or even pausing to look at him in the car seat!) and saw the speculum and other tools layed out on the counter....
The first smile photo, captured this weekend:
Anyone here experiencing a babe who appears to have days and nights mixed up? Gus is 6 weeks on Tuesday and we've had a rough past week in which he's up and very fussy/agitated from ~3-5 am, sometimes more. Then he sleeps sooooo much during the day! Elizabeth Pantley of the No Cry Sleep Solution says that babies who are 1 month sleep an average of 16.5 hours per 24 hour period, but I feel like he sleeps at least 20, mostly during the daytime! We are cosleeping, and he...
Wow, Edelweiss, that's great news!!
I vote for not being your period, Crafty. It's not like your DD has been sleeping through the night every night, and I think that's generally what would bring it back this soon. My PP bleeding is still going just a trickle, at 5 weeks 3 days. Sigh! I'm so done with pads, just thoroughly done.
Thanks, Mama, Edelweiss, and Cardigan- it helps a lot. This has been a really hard day.
Things are going okay here- I'm really sad that we had to put down my cat today. That's our second cat in 6 months. :-( My husband was awesome and came home from work at lunch to take her in to the vet. I told him I just couldn't handle it, especially with a newborn and 3 year old in tow. Cleo was my first "adult" pet, and she was such a fun-spirited cat. The only thing that slowed her down was the nasal tumor that she developed 5 months ago that progressively took over...