or Connect

Posts by SweetSilver

No spend -- hoping for 3 no-spends every week.  Frugal spending   Meh.  Could have been worse.   Overspent   Unavoidable, unexpected, necessary.  Grrrrr.......   4/12   4/13   4/14     4/15   4/16   4/17     Spent a lot recently on easter, car repair, LIBRARY FINES, restaurants, children's museum.  The greenie face came from the library fines more than anything, 20.00 for the family and I got off cheap this time.
Getting a chuckle.  I was raised (11yo onward) on SNL news.  At first it was the 5pm reruns* of the original series ("This breaking news from Chevy Chase.  Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!"), then it was the current shows through the 80's.  I started staying up that late around 13-14yo.   *Thank you to the Carson TV folks (Channel 5, Las Vegas) who had the guts to play it, uncut, for your family viewing pleasure!
I love hearing about your older kids and the early years of unschooling, because it sounds so much like what happens at my house.  Our schedules, while not erratic, are still not predictable and they are seasonal.  I totally understand not having a life that was conducive to any more structure than is (barely) perceptible.   One more reason that many parents embrace some structure even though they like the idea of freedom, is that the adjustment period is simply too hard...
Why, thank you!  I'm glad to make use of this format to compartmentalize my crazy thought processes.  I ramble mightily when talking in person, and can often lose a thread of conversation to trivial details, so the computer is a great place to put one thought here, another thought there, then they stay separate and I can go back to them and put the proper thought in the proper thread.  I'm afraid my brain never stops, but my posts have a definite beginning and a definite...
And for the scientifically minded, another piece by the author:   http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/06/17/137219683/science-sacred-spiritual-what-is-in-a-word
A great article.  I love it when people of science recognize this kind of experience.  It's the place I come from as well.   When Nature Speaks, Who Are You Hearing?
 No spend -- hoping for 3 no-spends every week.  Frugal spending   Meh.  Could have been worse.   Overspent   Unavoidable, unexpected, necessary.  Grrrrr.......   4/12   4/13   4/14    Only a couple of snacks for the girls, under $5.  I avoided spending anything on myself, and only went to gymnastics and back, so I counted that as a frugal day.  Can't be too strict.
Thanks for checking back in with us, MsBe.  It looks to be a hard time all around for us.   As for me, when you didn't hear from me, I wasn't doing yoga!  Today I did my first 5 rounds.  Really had to dedicate myself, but then when we are feeling energetic it seems easy to skip that part.  When we are at our deepest low is when the dedication flows.  That is the "gift".  When you need it the most is when you are most open to receiving it.   What exactly does it mean to...
OK, I weighed myself this morning and I weigh around 161#.  That doesn't sound so bad as far as "lots to lose" but understand that I am just shy of 5'3" with a petite frame.  In high school that meant 105#, adult weight 115-120.  I would settle for just under 130.   I've been much more conscientious regarding sugar, but not active with doing anything about it.  But getting better.  More veggies and fruits.  No white bread, even though it's delicious "artisan" bread from...