or Connect

Posts by SweetSilver

No spend -- hoping for 3 no-spends every week.  Frugal spending   Meh.  Could have been worse.   Overspent   Unavoidable, unexpected, necessary.  Grrrrr.......   4/12   4/13     There's 2 no-spends to start the week.  Don't think I'll have another one for a few days.
Welcome back, Prudence!
a. Who you are Homeschooling mom of 2 girls in rural WA   b. Where you are going (your financial goals) Still trying to stay above water through the year.  Finish the house.  Sell the rental.  "New" car.   c. How you plan to get there  Mainly keep working through the year.  DH's work is seasonal.  If it weren't, we'd be fine.    No spend -- hoping for 3 no-spends every week.  Frugal spending   Meh.  Could have been worse.   Overspent   Unavoidable, unexpected,...
Update:  I am on book 5 now, and starting season 2.  I am smitten with the book's Jon Snow (reminding me of the old thread here on literary characters you'd fall into bed with).  But the actor playing Jon Snow?  Kit Harington?  Holy Hotties, Batman, the boy is *Cougar-rific*.  Mrawr!  
We are finishing Philanthropist.  At the same time we are finishing Give Back.  Not good planning.  I vow never....NEVER.... to embark on a badge like this without the express approval of the girls.  They wanted to do it, though.  They just didn't know what they were getting into.  Lesson learned.  More time exploring the bones of the badge.  The girls think this one boring.  I agree.  We just finished with a journey, and this is a dud.  I'm bored.  Ready for Dancer and...
I see no one has responded, so I'm bumping your thread.   I did not have this experience, and I *think* what you experienced was an unrelated combination of two events: your increased sensitivity during pregnancy, and his development of eczema and the same soy sensitivity.     I'm not entirely discounting your experience--what do I know, ultimately?  But having experienced 2 pregnancies--one with increased sensitivity and one not-- my experience ended up being...
I agree that learning the facts first can make math dull, and possibly short circuit a real understanding of what the facts represent.  I have nothing against times tables and that kind of thing, but I think they come at the wrong time.  I think there should be a firm understanding of multiplication, and a chance for children to explore the concept for a long time before using the tables to help fill in the gaps and give them some short hand.  And, not having to keep...
I know I've already listed a few, but I wanted to add that I make a mean pie crust (a good thing because fruit pie is my Dessert Island Food.... I mean "Desert" Island, I think ....).     And in the last few days I've had to learn more about my computer software (ugh and ugh, I am unfortunately, the defacto computer "guru" in the house), had to learn how to take the glove compartment off to look for the mouse that is stinking up my car (reached a point where I was...
I had to go off coffee while I nursed because I discovered my milk supply, which was extremely touchy, plummeted when I consumed caffeine, and even decaf coffee was verboten.  (And strangely enough, drinking diet coke at my sister's house was the worst).  I have been slurping down the caffeine ever since, (and now that I've nursed 2 babes, the caffeine doesn't give me breast cysts before my cycle like it used to).
You are welcome to quote.  I have been a self-learner (whatever you want to call it) since after my first and only year in college studying theater.  I have had several points where I seriously considered going back to school, but it has always been "not now".  In the meantime I have traveled the US by thumb, learned to cook over a campfire and in a woodfired oven, do beadwork, crochet and knitting, spinning, gardening and landscaping, self-sufficency, child care,...