or Connect

Posts by SweetSilver

Going to post every day I do a routine.  Don't hear from me, I didn't do it.  Must get my ass in gear.  For the record, did 10 + my core work this morning.  Hope I don't bore you with the repeptition.  Hope I *do* bore you with repetition because that means I'm doing it!
Welcome to MDC, and our little corner of the MDC universe!  We like it here, and it is a cozy place to be, digitally speaking.  It sounds like you are on the right track, starting with yourself.  I was also interested in HSng and USing long before I had kids, though I was nannying and working with kids for a lot of that time. If I could presume to offer advice, I would say to examine what your definition of "learning" is, and why you think you don't have it.  I am willing...
My girls are interested, great at math for their ages.  With dh and I they can play Monopoly and exchange money and figure their puzzles out.  Girl Scout cookie sales arrive, and they are figuring totals and change.  Complete blank.  They know this, but now everybody is asking them to figure it out.  Not just giving them a chance to figure it out.  Asking them to figure it out when they already know the answer and don't need to be told.  Big, big difference.  They...
You're right.    Wheat is not a life-threatening allergy for dd.  It is severely *unpleasant* when she consumes it, becoming an uncontrollable, teary-eyed devil the day after.  But her *immediate* symptoms (about 2 minutes)--redness mostly, very light swelling around the inner lip-- have been mild enough that I don't want to eliminate one of the few things she can have when we are out and about.  I have never seen that reaction once while we've been out.  You're right...
If he had celiac, he would never be able to digest gluten, and giving it to him would be very, very bad for his health.     If he doesn't have celiac, but still cannot tolerate gluten, then I don't know.  I don't know if you can train the body, or prevent the body from ever tolerating it if you don't.  Not much is known about this kind of stuff.  IF it is causing him trouble by consuming it, I would not worry about what would happen in the long run.  IF he was having...
Information on celaic, including blood testing for antibodies: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/celiac/  And genetic testing as well as an outline of other tests: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/celiactesting/  So, there is more than one kind of blood testing.  Testing for "autoantibodies", a positive result is usually accurate, negative not so.  Testing for genetic markers, a positive does not indicate that one has the condition, and further...
I have been a lazy girl.     Today I did my 10 sun salutations rounds after not doing *any* yoga for weeks.  Nt even a measly 2-salutation round like before.   have been walking more, which is always a good asana for me, but no mat practice, nothing.      I have got to whip myself back into practice.  I am now 15 pounds up, and no twisted ankle as an excuse.  
Please correct me-- is there only one type of blood testing for celiac?  I don't believe my test was looking for a genetic marker.  I was told that if the test was negative and I still suspected celiac, I could get the biopsy (I didn't).     You know more about this than I do.
I've been reading "Game of Thrones" series, and I am moved by his weirwoods and the godswoods.     Recently, I've been turning away from the masks that "modern" religion has given us-- the images of the Buddha, Jesus, even the most ancient myths of the spiritual journeys.  When I am on my walks through the wooded lanes over our hill and come to the Buddha Tree (a huge, lone cottonwood) I have taken to looking past the little Buddha statue at the base and to the tree...
It can give a false negative.  But, while "never say never", a positive result is considered definitive.  It would be enough for a diagnosis.   If you get a negative and feel like you don't agree (and you *really need* that "celiac" diagnosis), you can have the biopsy done, which will give you a definitive negative for celiac.  Just know that this is an invasive test, and children are often put under for the procedure.