or Connect

Posts by aHikaru

I was 8 and I was somewhat devastated. Now that I have my own 3 yr old we plan to celebrate st Nicolas day, which was dec 6 this year and give one gift to celebrate the day. We aren't doing Santa because at the end of the day it's pointless, all this creates is questions.  I like knowing that my daughter will be able to understand where her gifts come from and have gratitude for the thought. We recently moved to the south and every one I've met does not do Santa, kids...
The last response is a very honest perspective. Within the school it is a community and all events are planned mostly by the PTA, so most people that go to the events are well prepared on what to expect, as far the children being "Ill mannered", kids have a unique ability to be free spirited and carefree, most of the time when my child is playing with others at our Waldorf school, I converse with the other mothers and our children are free to interact however they wish....
Your concerns are very common and something to really think about, there are a lot of discussions, threads and articles relating to Waldorf working better for those with girls and not working for most boys, for the same reasons your concerned.   Ive been to approximately 8 different Waldorf schools and the female to male ratio seems consistent, with 8/10 being girls, currently our class is all girls. I can see it being difficult for boys because they physically...
We use Waldorf in the home, and if it bothers you enough to post here, I would "weed" the book and Minnie as soon as she loses interest, such as playing with another toy. It will be hard for her, but better on your instincts. We don't watch cable around our babe, so these issues have become irrelevant now, it also has helped her imagination grow, now she builds "castles" with blocks and her ostheimer figures become princesses :).
I agree w Amy , my babe is almost 3 and has read like 4 words on her own and studies show children are not at a disadvantage, not matter what time they learn to read.   On the other end, my close friend does it with her daughter, also almost 3, and if she doesn't do it for a week she forgets all of it. Children have the capability to self learn how to read, when they are ready, forcing them to learn sight words delays development in other areas. Newborn to toddler...
Kids are smarter and more educated nowadays, I found out the truth about Santa when I was 8, but kept it to myself to get more presents because Santa always got me the best gifts. We have some friends that don't do Santa either because their 4 year old knows its just a story, and even though this is our third Christmas with our daughter, she doesn't like strangers AT ALL, so Santa just scares her. If anything I may do Saint Nicolas Day next year, which was Dec 6th this...
We both do this, the babe goes to bed at 7, then we go to bed at 11.
It's tough, and we are never prepared for how tough it is and some days feel longer than others and you just look forward to putting the kids to bed. For my baby's first 2 years my husband was deployed (on and off) so I did do it all by myself 24/7 and now that my hubby is at home with us and working, I did have days where I wished I was by myself again because he wasnt helping much. Now I have balance and have time to knit, sew (I made 6 outfits for AE's doll for...
Afford extras and live comfortably. Just like the other mommies reply, we never got a flashy ring (we actually don't have a wedding ring at all), had a wedding, bought a house or car, so we have no debt. We lease (so no property tax) our home and car. Hubby works full time, 7-4pm and I stay at home full time. I always splurge on groceries and will buy clothes for AE here and there. I mostly make all our holiday gifts or buy her books off Amazon. Hubby gets payed well,...
Is your sister in law your mother in laws blood? If so, those relationships will always be different.