or Connect

Posts by aHikaru

swearing is my biggest pet peeve.
I toured a couple preschools and came out over stimulated or confused as to why a child would benefit from such a strict schedule. I almost gave up on finding a preschool and just homeschooling until i gave a Waldorf school one last shot... and the rest was history. I have since toured 4 other waldorf schools closer to me, i'm currently in southern California, and found one that fit just right. Overall all Waldorf schools are different, as with any other type of school...
I would definitely keep a closer watch on them. I never remember getting naked when I was little, so that does worry me a bit as to why she would get naked and be suspicious.   just keep and eye out.
AE is much like this, but she is the opposite, when it's just her and I, at home or out and about, she is pretty well behaved, but whenever someone else she knows is around, she will whine. I spoke of this to her Waldorf teacher and she told me I need to be firm and take control, which has definitely helped a lot.   Personally, my main issue is that i tend to ignore AE when she whines because it's very easy for me to zone out and relax whenever chaos is going on. But...
AE is 2 yrs 3 mnths old and our home is pretty clean. Considering we are waldorf inspired, minimalism is the key.
I def feel your pain. My husband is stationed away from home and we only see him every 4-6 months and I recently found out his mother has been calling him complaining about how I am raising AE, he stood up for me, but I was pretty angry.   As far as attachment parenting goes, we sleep in the same room, share the same space and I only do activities we both can enjoy. I recently joined a holistic moms group and a Waldorf parent-toddler class, which may have ignited my...
i wouldn't write a letter, most people know what is happening and choose to be stubborn, like my MIL. I myself just let it go and if she does anything I don't like I let her know to her face. Men honestly don't remember details of certain events and this could turn into a confusing situation leading both sides to mis interpret future events, like playing with fire. There are children involved now, so it'd be best to focus on your job as a mother and be a good example and...
Sounds like how my MIL described how hubby used to be, I ask her questions all the time for fear that AE may no longer be the perfect sleeper. It seems like my MIL never found out what helped him to pass out, possibly pure exhaustion. AE has always slept 10-12 hrs at night and 2 hrs during the day, but getting to that point wasnt easy, especially with breastfeeding, now she twirls her hair to help soothe her. Some say this is a bad habit, but whatever works :D   I...
I didn't know this thread existed, how exciting :)   I myself am a military wife to a Coastie that has been under Naval, Marine and Army command, and has the medals to prove it :D He was deployed overseas while AE was born and is currently on extended orders in the south. We've been seriously considering joining him on his tour of the south, but he moves on a bi weekly basis, which is tough for a two year old about to start preschool, we'll see what happens, but...
no hugs or kisses? AE is a big love bug and always has to kiss/hug everyone goodbye.