or Connect

Posts by ZakareyasMama

We use the regular toilet with the potty seat attached. Do you think it would confuse her to try a different one?. And she does sometimes go when i put her on, but it's just not reliable.
Yeah that's what I try to do. Sometimes I do forget, especially with DS to care for as well. Her mom thinks she may see him having his diaper changed and want to have that attention or whatever it is. Perhaps? Here's what sometimes goes down in the afternoon. Around 2:30 is "poop time". We go to the bathroom and talk about how it's time to go etc etc. She sits on the toilet for 15 minutes or sometimes longer and doesn't poop. She sings and plays. After so long I feel bad...
I've never learned how to ride a bike. (Not for lack of trying!) I've never been to Mexico. (I grew up in Texas.) I've never had ANYTHING waxed! 
I babysit a 2.5 year old 3 to 4 days a week. She wears underwear and is supposed to go in the potty during the day (diapers at night).  I have been keeping her since May and she still has 1-2 accidents per day. She will only sometimes ask me to go to the bathroom and other times when I ask she will almost always say no. If it were my child she'd still be in diapers, but I can't really go against what her mom wants. Any advice? When did you know your child was ready for...
I have used homemade detergent on my diapers for 8 months. I use mainly PFs with covers but I do have a few pockets. My recipe is Borax, washing soda, Ivory soap, and water. I haven't had and problems with buildup. I do use very little (about a tablespoon) and I add a cup of vinegar to every wash too. I actually use this for all my laundry... I can't believe how much money I used to waste on laundry detergent!
Thanks for all the innovative suggestions! I ended up cutting out the elastic to use in sewing projects. Then I am using the sheet as a floor covering that my 2.5 yo babysitee can color on with fabric markers. Once it's covered with marker scribbles I plan to cut it up and use the pieces as "disposable" wipes or liners in the diaper. So sheet to canvas to baby's bum cloth...
I haven't been here long but I sometimes feel like there aren't many people on. When I first started at the beginning of the year I could check several times a day and find new posts. Now I only check a couple of times per day.
1jooj I'm so sorry to hear this is your experience. I know a family who was there for about two years and the sister had a very similar and isolating time.. She actually ended up getting into some pretty big trouble with all of her free time and they are now divorced inshAllah such a thing would not happen to you and your family, but just be cautious and guard yourself from it. Make istikhara and follow your intuition. InshAllah your family will end up closer because of...
Well definitely not pregnant... AF this morning! I guess it was partly the teeth and partly PMS tenderness. ?? This is only my second PPP so I'm still sort of out-of-wack and not being on the pill my symptoms are much worse. I have noticed that when he falls asleep nursing I can really feel those teeth! I don't really know what else to do but pull him off. He's busy all day crawling so he is in a pattern of nursing a lot through the night. Sometimes it is comfort nursing...
Hmm... Well that HAD crossed my mind, but it seemed unlikely. I guess I'll go get one tomorrow to rule it out... Or not!