or Connect

Posts by natbabe

Thank you.  Yes- we just rented our tub for the second time and had to empty some and refill during a long labor.  that is why this question came up.  :)  I was thinking about bleach water to clean, but wasn't sure how appropriate that is.  thanks again!
Hello, I'm not a MW, but a doula and looking to find a safe way to sanitize our birth tub equipment, or find out how professionals handle this.  :)  My doula partners and I have tubs that we rent to our clients.  We have been renting out our submersion pump as part of the tub rental.  We are trying to figure out if we can safely disinfect the pump to be used for the next mama and if we should do the same with the big hose that attaches to it, or if should get a new...
We buy cereal as a treat once or twice a month.  I just try to get a very simple, short ingredient list cereal.  I stopped making our granola because we were all having upset GI tracts with it.  We do eggs, waffles, quiche, pancakes (I make a double or triple batch and save some in the frig for later in the week), and our new fav is crock pot oatmeal with Bob's steel cut oats. I start it the night before and it cooks overnight.  Apple, cinn, flax seed, walnuts, brown...
Just an update, I'm very amazed the taking floradix seems to have helped A LOT!  Thanks everyone.  Postpartum with #2 has it's own challenges, specifically finding time to eat right. :)  Although I am not a fan of the floradix taste, I'm glad to have it. 
My doula partners and I are thinking about investing in some tubs to rent to our clients (about 1/2 of our clients are renting them from other sources to use at their births).  Do any of you do this?  Do you charge for the rental, and how much?  How many uses can you get out of the tub?  Do you have the client purchase the liner, thermometer, scooper, etc?  Any other tips/info would be great.
Thanks for the advice.  I for some reason didn't think to try looking at what nutritients are in the encapsulated placenta and supplementing in my diet.  I think my diet is lacking since I now have two kids and am always running around!  I've also lost more than my baby weight (at 5mo postpartum) and might be another issue related to nutrition. Thanks again!  Depression runs in my family and I'm always trying to be vigilant.
Do you have a family member or friend who can come be with you? 
My 2nd DD is 5mo.  I ran out of my placenta pills about 6 weeks ago.  Since then I have been having some wierd physical symptoms.  Fatique, dizziness, feeling "fuzzy", and just really lathargic.  It has gotten worse and effecting my life greatly at this point.  I do not feel sad, depressed, anxious, or anything like that.  I guess I feel so out of it that I might seem depressed.  The biggest issue is that I want to rest/sleep all day and it is effecting our routine.  I'm...
If the cord is in the vaginal canal with the BOW still intact, the BOW will hopefully protect the cord some from compression.  It is pretty unlikely that there is an issue with the cord if your BOW is still intact.  How dilated where you when last checked?  For a bulging bag, I think you would have to be dilated more than 3-4 cm. It could be the mucus plug you feel.  If you haven't been very active, then maybe it isn't passing through like it would if you were up and...
My midwife is about 1 hour and 45 min away- depending on traffic.  I had to weigh the pros and cons.  She is the closest and the only other option is UC or hospital.  For me...I am nervous of having to call EMS b/c I know what will happen.  I would rather go UC than do that.  :)  My first labor was 4 hours- 2 hours active labor and 2 hours of pushing.  So, I am slightly nervous, but still confident in my choice.  I figured that depending on how my labor starts, we will...