or Connect

Posts by Stream

I just posted this in the main breastfeeding forum before I saw this tribe. Maybe someone here has insight?? Quote: I delivered a surrogate baby 4 weeks ago. He lives in another state and since he left (at 3 days), I've been pumping and donating to a milk bank. My nipples are still WAY sore-- like don't-hug-me and showers-are-evil sore. What's the deal? And is there hope in sight? Background: I've been a heavy pumper in the past. My breasts are...
I delivered a surrogate baby 4 weeks ago. He lives in another state and since he left (at 3 days), I've been pumping and donating to a milk bank. My nipples are still WAY sore-- like don't-hug-me and showers-are-evil sore. What's the deal? And is there hope in sight? Background: I've been a heavy pumper in the past. My breasts are hypoplastic, so I have low supply, which has necessitated lots of quality time with the pump. With my second baby, I did the...
I'm carrying a baby as a surrogate. Actually, until I was 18 weeks, I was carrying twins (we had an unexplained fetal demise-- really rare), but that wouldn't have changed the cast of characters much. We would have had one extra midwife. As it stands, this is what we're expecting: - My family (me, DH, my two girls, my mom-- who will be in charge of the kids) - 5 - The baby's family (mom, dad, brother) - 3 - Two midwives and one student midwife - 3 - Birth...
Wow! Were your other labors this quick?
Nope. My mom labored for 64 hours with me, failed to progress, and ultimately had a c/s (planned homebirth). I'm an only child. I have two girls. My first labor was a hard 24 hours, vaginal delivery at birth center. Second was an easy 9-ish hours, vaginal delivery at home.
Me too. Both babies' placentas are anterior (though one baby died at about 17 weeks), so I have full coverage. Even so, I've been feeling the baby move quite a bit since about 18 weeks. This week (21 weeks), I've been able to see/feel movement on the outside. ETA: My last baby's placenta was anterior too! Don't know about baby #1. Maybe that's just how I make 'em.
I hate to bring bad news to this happy thread, but we found out at our ultrasound yesterday that one of our twins died within the past week or so. We are very, very sad about that, but happy that the surviving twin is a healthy, active boy.
I love seeing all of the announcements! Fun! Our ultrasound is tomorrow. We're pretty sure one of the twins is a boy, but I'm super-excited to find out (for sure) about both! Plus, the babies' mama (I'm carrying as a surrogate) will be there with me and this is the first time she'll get to see them. Can't wait!
Good luck! My levels were exceptionally high-- so high that we worried we had a splitter (we did IVF and transferred two embryos). 1416 at 15dpo and 2976 at 17dpo. I'm carrying (just) twins, but I've seen other twin mamas through IVF with crazy-low numbers and singletons with high numbers. Like everything else, you can make guesses based on numbers, but there are no givens!
After looking at the other pics, I took one real quick in a bikini this morning: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23..._/belly005.jpg Again, that's at about 18w with twins, fundus measuring about 27w. Not much there! Sometimes it'll pooch more, especially as the day goes on, but there you go!