or Connect

Posts by girlspn

My dd loves water and drinks it whenever she gets a chance. We've tried to give her cow's milk (raw) and coconut milk, but she won't drink these. I've just given up on that. She loves milk tea (an aunt was giving this to her without my knowing it) or anything sweetened, but I try to avoid that stuff as much as possible. I think coconut milk or coconut water would be good. 
So far I haven't set any limits for my 17 month old dd. She still wants to nurse constantly. I can easily nurse in public with help of nursing shirts, and people can't tell I'm nursing even in crowded areas. But I am wondering whether I should start setting limits. It's so natural for us now that I don't notice, but when my sisters are with me, they will shield me for fear that my boob will accidentally hang out. 
I'm looking to get one or two, so I can make broth and stews at the same time... Any recommendations on which brand and size? I'm going to order them from the US. Are there any brands or types of slow cookers that are more energy-efficient, or all are similar?   We're a small family (me, dh, 1.5 year old dd), and don't do much entertaining.    
I've begun making bone broth and stews. Both require simmering long hours, and I would like to ask-- what's the most cost-efficient way of doing this? I also make a lot lentils/bean curry dishes, and have always used a pressure cooker. I was using the pressure cooker to make stews and bone broth in the beginning, but could never get them to my satisfaction. Then I read in Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions that pressure cookers are not ideal for cooking, and am looking...
Thanks, ladies!   With work and running after my dd, I simply don't have the time nor energy to spend combing out nits. I decided to shave my head. Feels great knowing they're no longer nesting in my head! My dh supported my decision, thank goodness. :)
Hello!   I'm almost embarrassed to post this, and I hope this is the right forum.   I got lice from my little 15 month dd. We didn't know she had lice, just noticed she was scratching her head vigorously all the time. She had thick hair. We live in rural India and I'm sure she got it from our neighbor. Apparently it's common here.    We shaved her head, hoping to make her more comfortable, and also easy to take care of (she screams when we wash her hair)....
So far, we can only go 4 hours without a feed, and this happens very rarely still.    I've just started to take BBT and check CP again. It can't hurt to start charting. I have been breaking out in the past couple of months, and I usually only get 1-2 pimples right before my period.    DD's been eating more solids this week, so I'm getting hopeful!    
Now that I'm in this situation with dd, I really agree with this and adjust our lives and home as much as possible to accommodate dd's exploring and playing.    Lol, this didn't go well at all when visiting my family. They haven't been around babies in so many years, and everything is expensive, designer, breakable. I constantly get asked, 'why don't you hit her' and 'how can she learn if she isn't spanked'? They've been saying this to me since she was a 6 months old! Now...
I come from a traditional Chinese family, and it's all about obedience to authority. I was raised to behave, and I have memories of being too scared to cry for fear of being spanked (used to get hit for crying)! I find it against my instincts to parent like I was parented. However, life seems easier when you have 'obedient' children.    I have never compared toddlerhood to adolescence (seems so far away!), but what you say makes a lot of sense. Especially about looking at...
BabySmurf,   Thank you for your reply; it's been great food for thought as of late, especially since her behavior has intensified these days. Well, I also work at home, and juggling both is taking a toll on me. Perhaps I wouldn't think of dd as 'difficult' if I didn't need to occupy myself with something else. The same goes with dh. We lose our patience not because of dd, but because of we are drained from work. I keep reminding myself of this as a way to keep my...