or Connect

Posts by eh bien

Thanks for your reply! I did try to get him to sleep earlier last night but I only succeeded by 5 minutes... oh well, it's a start. DS is still sleeping this morning, it's almost 9am. I'm considering waking him up but I don't know if I have the heart to, he just looks so peaceful. We'll be doing a lot today so maybe today's activities will wear him out... i don't know. I've started recording his bed and nap times - I'm not sure what I'll do with the info but it...
DS turned 12 months last week. He's pretty much always been a night owl (I am not). He can easily stay up until almost midnight. I usually nurse him to sleep, or we take him for a drive or a walk to get him to go to sleep (naps and nighttime).   We've tried to get him to sleep earlier (8pm) but he treats it as a nap and is back up within 45 minutes to an hour. He also wakes up late in the mornings. It's 9:30am and he's still sleeping. In September I'll be back at...
Well, I'm not sure why tampons don't work for you but a Diva cup may. Who knows if you'll have issues until you try it but I definitely think it's worth it. I've used a diva cup for a few years now without problems, and I figured out the best way to use it for myself quickly. The only thing is that I'm still using the size 1, post childbirth (because I'd just bought a replacement before getting pregnant) and I had to cut the tip off after having my son and I think it...
I'm here! DS turned 1 today. Can't believe it. He's got 8 teeth, he started to pull himself up this week, he's become an expert crawler this month, and he mastered going up stairs over the past couple of days but he's not walking yet. I'm pretty sure he doesn't say any words yet, he makes quite a few sounds though. We are still nursing, co-sleeping, ECing first thing in the morning which means I always catch the poop and don't have to dunk and swirl anymore. It's just...
Is there anything wrong with just doing the ACV and water rinse? I made the switch today but I didn't bother with the baking soda "shampoo", I just did the "conditioner". What's the reason for the "shampoo"? My hair is drying right now and is super soft already.
We're starting FC today! I haven't had time to read through the thread but what's the best size of cloth? I'm going to cut up old t-shirts. Thanks to everyone for the great storing ideas. I told DP that we're making the switch and he said, "I don't care". OK!
I haven't had this issue with DS but have been reading about EC/NIH and your post reminded me of something I read. Perhaps you could try having your LO sleep without a diaper or make sure that the diaper is really loose around the waist. I was reading that diapers are often the culprit of this type of problem because they squeeze and keep the babes from digesting properly.
I've just been doing some reading on selling breastmilk for extra income and there's a big part of me that would loooooove to be a SAHM and sell my breastmilk. My parental leave is almost up and I really do not want to go back to work. I'd love to be a stay at home mom but we can't afford to do without my income. We could swing it if I was bringing in money by selling breastmilk and I could be a SAHM mom too! On the other hand, something about selling breast milk...
When DS was the same age as your LO, I left 4 oz  bottles for him. He would drink 2 or 3 bottles while I was away (about 8 hours). I'd nurse before I left him and as soon as I got home.
sunwise - just wanted to let you know that DS and I have also been sick for weeks, him on and off, me pretty much always on. On top of the never sleeping through the night, I am just so tired, and so tired of being sick. Just wanted to say I'm right there with you.