or Connect

Posts by amybw

Hello, thought I'd join this thread. I have been reading it for a couple of months now. I am on P2 day 16. I plan to go at least 28 days.   Anyone here take a break during your time of the month? I have been reading a few different places and it seems that some dont take the drops and some do..... so   Anyway, thanks all for starting and continuing this thread. It is very helpful!
Here's a list of candy and their gf/allergy stats. :)     http://www.myglutenfacts.com/events/gluten-free-easter-candy-list/  
I liked Bella Luna on Facebook!
I liked Mothering on Facebook!
What can she do? Any one have advice or BTDT? On Aug 15 her baby ( born March 19 at 28 weeks ) stopped breathing and they had to do CPR. (he had breathing/eating/feeding issues before he came home from the NICU ) They took him to the ER. While there they discovered he had a subdural hematoma ( bleeding onthe brain). Aug 20 they wouldnt let them take him home, he went to live with grandparents, but my friend and her husband could visit as much as possible. (not...
I'll leave the frequency up to her, but will offer suggestions from both sides if needed. Seems like there is a debate over sleep deprivation = less milk or not pumping for 6 hrs straight at night = less milk. Thanks again mommas!
Quote: Originally Posted by crissei It took awhile for my milk to come in too, I have read that having a c-section makes that more likely. BTW, 4lbs 6oz is AWESOME for that age. DS was 30wks 5days, and 2lbs. 13oz.! Good point, having had 2 c sections I should know that! She had gestational diabetes so that helped plump him up! Quote: Originally Posted by justmama WOW. he's so young to be that big! Is he getting...
Quote: Originally Posted by bandgeek Is donor milk a possibility? Even at the unenlightened hospital DD was at, they had it if you requested it (but didn't offer it). I think she may be tiring herself out. It is so, so hard to get up to pump even once at night, I can't imagine doing it every 3 hours. Stress and fatigue can also hurt your supply. I think every 3 hours during the day and once at night should be sufficient. She needs her rest...
Thanks for the advice momma's! Quote: Originally Posted by bandgeek What is she pumping with? Is she pumping at least once overnight? Make sure she's using the right size flanges with her pump. I struggled in the beginning but I was using too small a size. Yes from what I understand she is pumping overnight. She said EVERY 3 hrs. she is pretty strict about it. I think she may have done a 6 hr overnight a couple of times just cuz...
My bestfriend had her baby last wednesday at 29 weeks 5 days. He is in the NICU and she is pumping for him. (trying to) Her milk has still not come in - is that normal? I am thinking yes, but just wanted to check with mommas who have BTDT or might know. I had a FT baby and mine was around the 5th day I think so 8 days for a preemie doesnt seem unheard of IMO. They told her that her milk might not come in at all because she had so many complications. The NICU...