or Connect

Posts by SrkStrickland

This happened to me as well. I found your story while researching it. I remembered it happening but have always pushed it to the back of my mind. I truly thought I was crazy and just imagining things until I learned that it's a real thing. Then I realized I was repressing the memory. I already knew that that birth traumatized me but I just didn't realize to what extent. It wasn't the only thing that happened. A whole lot of wrong was done to me but it's a long story. I am...
I was recently looking into both CHOICE and BORN as well. I planned to meet with them both but unfortunately didn't get that chance. Perhaps in the future. BUT from what I have experienced, and I hate to say this on a public forum, but CHOICE seemed more attentive. They called me a few days before my appointment to confirm which reminded me to let them know of my miscarriage (I had a lot going on and I kept forgetting to call, lol). When I informed them of what happened...
I just recently moved to the Columbus area. I WAS due in December but no longer am. Hopefully next year :) I have not had a home birth here in Ohio but I had one in AL 19 months ago. Mine was unassisted due to midwifery laws but we did "survive"! lol. I found a support group at a local midwives clinic that meets once a week. I am going to start going, if you would be interested I can share the information.
It is my understanding that only the attending midwife can be fined or prosecuted. They cannot punish you for having a home birth. It is simply illegal for any midwife to attend a birth. Unless laws have changed since 2011 when I had my baby at home. I had a pediatrician call CPS on me but they informed me they could do nothing. I was unassisted.
Thank you :) That is helpful
Hi ladies!!   I've had so much fun reading all the other introductions and getting to know y'all :) Nice to see there are at least 3 others "due" around the time I am, December'ish.   I am pregnant with my 5th. My first was a csection, second was an induced VBAC (I'm sure that OB was trying to sabatoge my birth, he didn't like my plans of a VBAC to begin with), third was a second hospital birth, thankfully finally went into labor on my own at least, but I did get...
With my UC I sought care in the beginning. I saw a midwife a few times until I decided I was not comfortable with her. I went to regular OB appointments until my 20week ultrasound when I saw the placenta was in a good place, per midwife's suggestion. I would have continued to go to the OB until the very end if I hadn't been completely miserable there. It was awful and I hated every aspect of OB care, I just couldn't stand it. So I stopped going and cared for myself. I...
I wont be seeing a midwife until June 5th. I will be 14-15 weeks. I am in the process of moving so I am waiting until I get to my destination. I think I will be getting an u/s before then though (even though I didn't want any) because my 3 year old is convinced I have "babies" in there, frankly he's making me a bit nervous and obsessive, lol. Since this is my 6th pregnancy and twins run in my family there is a chance. I'd rather know sooner than later so that I can...
I was hungry like that up until this week. I'm still hungry now but not psychotically so, like before, lol. I don't ever feel like I get full!
I'm Samantha. EDD Dec 1, but hoping for more of the middle of December. This will be baby number 5! Can't wait to have another wonderful home birth :) Can't wait to get to know everyone!