or Connect

Posts by Tracyloo

I work on a federally funded autism research project. My project is more focused on intervention than determining the cause, but I can tell you what the general feeling is among the researchers that I work with. Most of them do not feel vaccines are not to blame. They think that there is a genetic predisposition and an environmental trigger/catalyst that triggers it.   As a mother, I am just trying to avoid harmful things in the environment as best I can. I am...
 I think trying to be neutral by doing things like giving your boy dolls and having him help you cook and giving your girl trucks and having her play sports is a positive thing to help raise a child who is "well-rounded" gender-wise. However, this sounds like they are conducting a social experiment with their child. Is it more for their benefit or for the child's? Is it so wrong to identify with a particular gender? I say don't push things one way or the other and...
 P.S. Also, if you are trying to change things up, like using the "If" "Then", things may get worse before they get better esp if you were not always consistent with follow through before b/c they are going to see if the tantrum will make you give in as it maybe did in the past. They will push back as you try to make changes, but when they realize this is how is going to be, the negative behaviors SHOULD start to subside :-)
I used to be a pre-kindergarten teacher, which is a a bit younger than your little guy, but we had a few kiddos that would get frustrated and say "I can't" to just about everything and few crazy tantrum throwers. One rule that I had was that they needed to try to do it first (whatever "it" was) and if they still needed help, I would help them. Also, if they got angry/frustrated with something, they needed to "walk away" and take a a break or go sit down and get control...
 Joined ThredUp and Liked them on FB. I would like girl clothes please and 18-24 is right up our alley :-)
My daughter was born in December at the Women's Birth and Wellness Center in NC. It is a non-profit birth center with wonderful midwives. Leigh Anne, the midwife who delivered my daughter, took excellent care of all of us. For a few weeks following the birth, I was battling severe anemia and the "blues". She was so supportive and helpful with getting me over that hump. I definitely not only consider her an awesome midwife, but a good friend.
Hello All, I am the proud mama to a smiley, 4-month-old baby girl. I work a few hours a week to finish the autism research project I am working on and then I will officially be a SAHM! I have a background in early childhood/special education and several years of teaching experience under my belt, so I am really looking forward to putting all that knowledge to work raising my own little one :-)  I picked up an issue of Mothering and saw so many ads and articles that...
For the first couple of months, I had my daughter snuggled next to me and I wore warm clothes (sweatshirt or sweater) and the blanket up to my waist and tucked under my hip so it wasn't loose. I had my daughter swaddled in the beginning, then we used sleep sacks and/or light weight blankets, and now I have migrated her into an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper with 2 light weight blankets for most of the night . (We got the co-sleeper from a friend who was done with it- maybe you...
 liked you on FB and love your magazine :-)