or Connect

Posts by QMtwins

I would love to know an answer to this too!
we have really liked our fuzzi bunz.  We were loaned a whole lot of at least 5 or 6 different brands and styes of diapers in newborn to size small for our first kids.  Loved the fuzzi bunz and ended up using only those when we had to purchase the one size mediums.  Our twins have worn the mediums for over a year now and are starting to toilet train.  They are fraternal and have differnt builds...one is shorter in torso and stockier, the other longer torso and slender. ...
We had all four (2 sets of twins) of ours at Costco and a woman told us she had seen us on TV!   Well, we have never been on TV.  DH and I shared a smile and then moved on!  We laugh about being on TV all the time now!
Like the previous poster, we have a few strollers/buggies.  Doing twins for a second time, I feel good about what we did last time.  First time around I swore I wouln't keep my kids in car seats much, so did not get a snap n go at first...bought it (used) within two weeks of their birth.  Just couldn't stand waking a sleeping babe in their car seat.  We did end up using it through about 9 months, from home and out and about in the car.  By then, we were also using our...
Phathui5, Their birth weights were 7#1oz & 6#13oz.  At 2 weeks they were still under their birth weights (they had lost 15% each). At 2 months they were 8#13 & 8#11oz.   It was causing much stress and anxiety trying to cup feed, so we are now just giving their supplemental ounce or two, which is expressed brest milk, by bottles.  I am pumping about 3 times a day, after a feed, for about ten min each time.
Hey Emilysmama, I am needing to get another ounce or so in them and in order to associate milk/fullness with the breast and give my body stimulation from the suckling at the breast, it was recommended to use the SNS.  Both are stong nursers.  Right now they are at the breast 8+ times a day.  As of 2pm they have breastfed at least 5 times since midnight.  I am not limiting their time at the breast at all.  If they cry, that is generally where they go as soon as can be...
Yeah, I try sneaking it in...but then they pull all the way off and fiercly try to re-latch, without the tube!!  Has anyone created an aversion with a tube?
This is a fun question, because on one level, I think nothing will!  But, having done it once and now twice!, I think there are some things...first and foremost make sure you are set to breastfeed.  If you have any health concerns, or have had any issues, get in touch with a lactation consultant and/or le leche league before delivery.  On that note, try breastfeeding both at the same time (use a twins nursing pillow) as soon as you can.  It will free you up so much. ...
Hey, so I am breastfeeding my 10 week old twin girls with a decent supply.  However, they are not growing as quickly as the pedi would like.  (My pedi is all about breastfeeding and when they lost 15% of their weight just after birth and needed supplementation, she gave us some of her own breastmilk) So, it is recommended that they get an extra ounce or two per day, mostly that I've been pumping with a little of the donating milk.  I've been using the SNS tube at the...
I worked in a medical office (RN) until I delivered the 2nd set at 39.4 weeks  I did cut out my labor and delivery shifts (12 hours) at 35 weeks when I really took stock and was honest that if there was an emergency I would not have been physically capable of doing my job.  My OBs backed me up and wrote the note for the hospital!  With my first set, the obvious thing was development of pre-eclampsia.  This time around, I was waiting for something too...but it never...